Your top 3 fan favorite FA signings ever.

TecmoSuperJoe

49ers: 

1. Deion Sanders '94: He was only here for a single season, but was sensational having one of the best season ever for a cornerback. Helped the 49ers win their 5th ring. 

2. Justin Smith '08: Phenomenal stalwart on the defensive side of the ball, rarely missing a game in 7 years. A lot of people talk about Patrick Willis being the soul of those squads, but I was always transfixed with Justin Smith's play for whatever reason more so than anyone else. Just being a goliath gatekeeper on the line while being an every-down player. Gave me the same vibes in terms of iconic excellence in the trenches that Bryant Young used to. Guy never seemd to take a snap off. 

3. Tim McDonald '93: McDonald was a big time leader that got overshadowed to a degree by the 49ers other high profile players at times. But he was a great safety that helped anchor the back end of the defense from the mid to late 90's. Made a ton of memorable plays, and was really physical on anyone that crossed his path. He missed just one game in his time with the 49ers.

Honorable mentions: Ken Norton Jr., Garrison Hearst, Ray Brown 

• Like 1

Rams:

1 Kurt Warner - You can make a case this was the best FA signings ever. He took over a team that just lost their starting QB in the preseason and won MVP and the Superbowl. Plus there is a movie about his story. Warner shouldve had two Superbowls with the Rams. And I believe had Vermeil not retired maybe the Rams wouldve won multiple Superbowls with the GSOT bc coaching matters and I thought Martz was in over his head more times than not when he became head coach.

2 Andrew Whitworth - One of the best FA signings ever. It was the first player signing in the McVay era and many thought he was old and was just trying to get his last biggest payday. In fact Whit played his best ball with the Rams and I believe he couldve played another few years of good ball if he wanted too. He just retired at the right time going out as a Superbowl champ against his former team.

3 Ndamukong Suh - This is a guy that the time couldve been a Ram but they took Bradford instead. I dreamed of what a Donald and Suh combo looked like together and got my wish. Now Suh wasnt as great in the regular season but in the playoffs he was a force. He dominated and shutdown and young and elite Zeke. He shutdown a young and elite Kamara. He shutdown Brady and the Pats. Again he was a force. Too bad the Rams couldnt capitalize on a great defensive performance in the playoffs by winning the Superbowl. But we got to see Suh and Donald together and Suh was just dominant when it mattered the most which was in the playoffs.

1.  DJ Reader

2.  Bobbie Williams

3.  Orlando Brown

Yeah they are mostly recent guys, since Mike Brown treated free agency like Reece cups for someone with a severe peanut allergy.  Reader helped solidify the defense.  Williams was Marvin's first free agent here.  Both were culture leaders/builders in the locker room.  As for Brown, any protection is a great thing for Burrow.  Cappa/Karras could slide into this spot as well

52 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

1.  DJ Reader

2.  Bobbie Williams

3.  Orlando Brown

Yeah they are mostly recent guys, since Mike Brown treated free agency like Reece cups for someone with a severe peanut allergy.  Reader helped solidify the defense.  Williams was Marvin's first free agent here.  Both were culture leaders/builders in the locker room.  As for Brown, any protection is a great thing for Burrow.  Cappa/Karras could slide into this spot as well

I love the list.. I think PacMan could be in there too..  he may have had some bad moments, but the dude helped our defense a ton...  Can't really put him ahead of those three but I just wanted to mention him. 

For the Falcons (no order):

Michael Turner. 2nd all time in Falcons rushing yards. 1st all time in rushing touchdowns.

Alex Mack. 5 years of Pro Bowl/All-Pro play at center and let the team take the next step in 2016.

Cordarrelle Patterson. Maybe not the most productive guy ever, but he's just a fun guy to have on your team.

Really tough to narrow down. The immediate guys that come to mind are Rodney Harrison, Darrelle Revis, and Mike Vrabel. Then I remember Stephon Gilmore. I think the large majority of Pats fans would have at least 2/4 of those guys in their top 3. So I’ll go with some more fun but less obvious answers:

Danny Amendola - Brought in to be the next Wes Welker, Amendola never quite fit that bill. Wes was an absolute unit in the slot, insanely consistent, reliable, and a truly elite slot guy. Amendola wasn’t that guy. That said, he absolutely showed up in the postseason and was really clutch, a lot like Edelman. 

Junior Seau - Legend. A part of that elite 2007 team. Shame they couldn’t deliver with Junior, but dude was a presence when he was here.

David Patten - Didn’t play at an incredibly high level but dude came up big when it counted, and was a piece when it all began. 

HM: Rib Ninkovich - Never an elite player or even a great one, but was a staple at DE/OLB for years. Gave the Jets nightmares.

Question gets more interesting for NE if you include trades…

Edited by Yin-Yang

1. Drew Brees- Probably the greatest free agent signing of all time. He played a massive role in turning the Saints from a bottom dweller of a team to one of the best in the NFL over the past 15+ years. 

2. Demario Davis- He had a up and down career prior to signing with us, but turned out to be an excellent signing that blossomed for us and became great leaders on our defense.

3. Joe Horn- He’s another guy that didn’t really have much success prior to signing with us and then put it all together right after signing with us making it to 4 pro bowls in his first 5 years with us.

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Won't count Reggie White because I was 2 when that happened.

1. Charles Woodson

2. Julius Peppers

3. Za'Darius Smith

I was 19 when Reggie signed with GB.  I'll never forget the exact moment when I heard he signed.  Good times.

1) Reggie White

All others are a distant, distant second and third.

• Like 2

Vikings (2002-)

1. Brett Favre, 2009

Even when he was a Packer, Favre was my favorite player in the league; to see him sign with MN was euphoric. I feel I can't enjoy Favre's career and the moments with hindsight of his personal legacy, but oh well.

2. Darren Sharper, 2005

Yeah. I really knew how to pick them.

3. Antoine Winfield, 2004

Great guy, great CB. His game was very fun to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

Vikings (2002-)

1. Brett Favre, 2009

Even when he was a Packer, Favre was my favorite player in the league; to see him sign with MN was euphoric. I feel I can't enjoy Favre's career and the moments with hindsight of his personal legacy, but oh well.

2. Darren Sharper, 2005

Yeah. I really knew how to pick them.

3. Antoine Winfield, 2004

Great guy, great CB. His game was very fun to watch.

What about Steve Hutchinson? :)

• Like 1