Brandon Cooks Traded to Cowboys

CAPJ

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He’s played with some bad QBs in Houston but his first 4 years were with Drew Brees and Tom Brady. 

I like the move at this compensation. He’s not Nuk though. 

Yeah, he’s not Nuk. But considering his speed, youth, and compensation (both salary and draft picks), I might prefer this route to trading for Nuk. 

• Like 2

Wow looks like the Cowboys are actually going for it. I would much rather have Cooks than OBJ who I have serious doubts he will ever be the same player. Still think they need a defensive tackle as currently they’re weak up the middle. Interesting to see what will happen with Schultz doesn’t seem to be much of a market for him.

19 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

lol. Mayer or Kincaid is likelier imo

I think we’re eying another skill player at 26 and will come back around for a guard in R2. People like to the cite DAL’s first round OL track record as reason to be safe and take the fat guy first, but lately we’ve done well there in Rounds 2-4 as well.

I like this more than RB, but I suspect Ferg/Hendo are the guys moving forward. They played too well as rookies to jump on another TE.

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I like this more than RB, but I suspect Ferg/Hendo are the guys moving forward. They played too well as rookies to jump on another TE.

Did they, though? Ferg posted a 19/178/2 receiving line while Hendershot went 11/103/2. I think, and I suspect the FO agrees, that they’d be best off remaining our 2nd and 3rd TEs.

You hate to see this team go back to the well of low value positions in the first, but outside of that, it almost makes too much sense. Save cap $ letting Schultz go, upgrade the overall verticality/explosion at the position.

This is a great trade. And, for those upset about not landing Hopkins, this doesn’t mean that another move at WR isn’t off the table. I’d contend that both Hopkins and OBJ are both still in play here, OBJ being more likely because he won’t cost us draft capital.

Now, it’s pointing that we’re targeting RB, TE, and O-line in the first few rounds.

Edited by plan9misfit

15 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

This is a great trade. And, for those upset about not landing Hopkins, this doesn’t mean that another move at WR isn’t off the table. I’d contend that both Hopkins and OBJ are both still in play here, ONJ being more likely because he won’t cost us draft capital.

Now, it’s pointing that we’re targeting RB, TE, and O-line in the first few rounds.

I'd be thrilled if we land Avila at #27, grab Kincaid in the 2nd and then Achane in the 3rd. 

QB: Dak
RB: Pollard/Achane 
WR: Lamb/Cooks/Gallup
TE: Kincaid/Ferguson/Hendershot
LT: Tyron
LG: Tyler
C: Avila 
RG: Martin
RT: Steele 

Ughh, not to be the pesamistic weasel in all of this (insert Mr. Fox line here), BUT, I assume everyone here is simply going to chalk up Dak's lousy NFC Div game misses and misreads to "he had a bad game."

Cooks signing, great. But tell me, had it been Cooks that was wide open instead of Hilton, does Dak still throw to a double covered Lamb?

Had it been Cooks that got behind the defense in the 4th quarter on that final possesion, does Dak magically put the ball in his hands or does he throw it to the opposite side of the wide open receiver?

You see what in saying? Everyone on here is blaming Gallup for having a lackluster season. Truth is, in a do or die playoff game, Dak was the biggest contributor to our losing.

So what does having a faster receiver do for you when your QB can't make the proper reads to the wide open receiver or can't put the ball where the receiver can actually make a play on it???

Everyone is celebrating new tires, rims, lights, and tricking out the car when the problem is a faulty starter. 

Don't get me wrong, the FO is doing things NONE of us on here expected, all in the name of improvement. That in and of itself is a huge plus. But they are really banking on Dak being able to return to 2016 form.

If he doesn't, this is all for nothing. 

I still believe Dak's best shot a winning a SB with this team is a #1 defense, #1 running game and big possesion receivers. 

Prescott CANNOT, or at least has not shown, the ability to read a defense and utilize his weapons to the best of their abilities. He is slow on the reads and deliveries, he panics which leads to mistakes and his accuracy is questionable at best.

Edited by Rtnldave