Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

You have Hockenson. Why waste a waiver claim? Hockenson is way better. You don’t need two TE’s on your roster if you have Kelce, Andrews, or Hockenson. 

Last year I had Andrews and Hock. I dropped Hock right before he was traded. Andrews was injured when I needed him in the playoffs. I had to start a bum

Man, I just can't win when it comes to QBs. I've gotten 2 total TDs in 3 weeks from my starting QBs in my big money league where QBs are huge. Of course, I've started 3 different QBs (Burrow week 1, Fields week 2, Geno week 3) but I just can't win. I'm gonna get the win this week because the guy I'm playing sucks but I need points! 

I dropped Achane last Sunday night and added Jerome Ford before his big Monday Night game in one of my 2 leagues. I am so conflicted right now after Achane’s performance today lol.

At least in my other league, which is a Dynasty league, I traded away Aaron Jones for Achane and Jerome Ford before the season started.

Edited by tyler735

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

This is a make or break week for Fields.. I'm going to give him one more shot. Is Jahan Dotson droppable? Sam Howell sucks, can't believe I was overlooking that. I don't see a ceiling for Dotson with Howell. 

I think Dotson is droppable in ten team leagues. I'm 12 teams I may hold unless someone is out there that I have to have

So I should just drop Josh Kelley right? Looked awesome week 1 with Ekeler, then was a "must start" the following two weeks with Ekeler out.

Got me 3.9 then 2.2 points. He faces the Raiders this weekend but then a bye followed by Dallas. With Ekeler maybe coming back, should I cut him to add a much needed TE or give him one last shot vs. Vegas if Ekeler is indeed out?

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So I should just drop Josh Kelley right? Looked awesome week 1 with Ekeler, then was a "must start" the following two weeks with Ekeler out.

Got me 3.9 then 2.2 points. He faces the Raiders this weekend but then a bye followed by Dallas. With Ekeler maybe coming back, should I cut him to add a much needed TE or give him one last shot vs. Vegas if Ekeler is indeed out?

Who is your TE and what options are on waivers?  Id lean dropping Kelley,  but the add also needs to be worth that transaction 

36 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Who is your TE and what options are on waivers?  Id lean dropping Kelley,  but the add also needs to be worth that transaction 

I have Kinkaid atm. The best available are Freiermuth, Musgrave, Hurst, Ertz, Everett. 

The Hunter Henry owner also said he'd trade him to me for Diontae Johnson but I am weary.

It's been a rough battle in my Big Money league characterized most by the fact that up until this past week my QB (Fields) was outscored by my kicker... and that was only broken this past week (where I still lost) because they tied.

Made some changes, burned my waiver priority on DK when someone (it's that one guy that almost every league has one) inexplicably dropped him to pick up Tutu Atwell (ironically, that guy is currently sitting in 2nd in the league and his shocking move of taking Tua in the 1st round is looking brilliant).  And because I managed to get DK I've opted to ride it out at least another 2 weeks to see if/how Kupp comes back from the injury (because, while I've move on to Richardson as my QB starter, I'm stashing Fields to see if he and Luke Getsy can pull their heads out of their collective butt as far as play-design goes and get him back to being a function fantasy QB if, while still, a bad actual QB, and because once bye start rolling around some of these guys in the league stashing backup QB's will drop to accommodate and Stafford's still out there and having the Stafford/Kupp stack is still an effective combo even if the Rams' continue having OL injury issues.

I eclipsed 60 points for the first time all season last week, so... baby steps.

QB: Anthony Richardson
RB: Tony Pollard
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs
WR: DK Metcalf
WR: Jerry Jeudy
TE: Pat Friermuth
WR/TE: Tank Dell
WR/RB: Jakobi Meyers
K: Younghoe Koo
D/ST: Cincinnati (was Cleveland last week, the only reason I dropped them for Cincy was because the matchups this week were relatively even-weighted but Cleveland is on bye Week 5)

Bench: Miles Sanders, Justin Fields, Cooper Kupp*

Also, I'm going on strike in this league next year if we're going to keep going shallow benches but not having an IR spot.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I have Kinkaid atm. The best available are Freiermuth, Musgrave, Hurst, Ertz, Everett. 

The Hunter Henry owner also said he'd trade him to me for Diontae Johnson but I am weary.

What's the format?

Musgrave is getting the targets that would make him a viable option in a PPR format.  Hurst won't have value while Andy Dalton is starting for Bryce.  Freiermuth is a fair shot for a TD most weeks, but is he going to really going to get you much else (i.e. he's a TD or bust guy) until, at minimum, Johnson is back and then maybe Pickett gets his act together but then still... Matt Canade.

I'd be wary about starting him this week (though they are playing the Raiders), but as much as Donald Parham is largely a TD-or-bust guy, I can see his target share not-just in the red zone increasing a tick with Mike Williams out for the season now.  It's likely a temporary uptick as Quentin Johnston is integrated in, but Joshua Palmer has shown that he's a complementary guy (he's not an alpha receiver), so those jump-balls for needed-conversions that don't go to Keenan are more likely to go to Parham now with Williams out.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 5:10 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I went into MNF down 52. I had Stafford, Chase, Puka and Dax Hill. My opponent had Logan Wilson.. Guess what happened.

WE TIED on that Stafford TD. Hello Stat Corrections....

How do you tie under decimal scoring… would be super rare… like should only happen in a league once every 25 years on average