Who will be picking first overall in 2024?

notthatbluestuff

17 hours ago, incognito_man said:

How do we feel about the Jets offense lead by Nathaniel Hackett and Zach Wilson if they don't land Rodgers?

Can that defense prevent them from getting the #1 pick?

They'd sign Carson Wentz before they let Zach Wilson be their starter again.

21 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

A better question would be:  "How many teams are signing anywhere near seven such starters?"

How many teams had such bad rosters that they needed to sign seven starters?  

Not better than the average player, mind you, but better than the average starter.  So, higher ranked than Vonn Bell, Miles Sanders, Shy Tuttle, or Adam Theilen.

What does this mean?  That Sanders or Bell aren't average quality starters?  

The huge gap you act like exists between the two teams in the Bears favor is just being very exaggerated IMO. I would put a lot of money down that the Bears don't have +3 wins over the Panthers in 2023.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

How many teams had such bad rosters that they needed to sign seven starters?

Good question.  This year:  Chicago, Carolina, Jacksonville, Houston, Altanta, and Tennessee had seven or more vacancies even if they re-sign all of their own free agents.

What does this mean?  That Sanders or Bell aren't average quality starters?

It means Bell, Sanders, Tuttle, and Theilen are all starters but that none of them are ranked top 32 at their position.

The huge gap you act like exists between the two teams in the Bears favor is just being very exaggerated IMO.

It's not being "exaggerated".  It's being extrapolated, based on free agency and the draft augmenting existing talent.  Currently, the Bears are only slightly (1058 to 1144) better than Carolina with Young-Stroud.  This gap widens as Chicago uses the rest of free agency (#1 in cap space) and their draft capital (4th) to replace five players who don't belong on the field.  Stay tuned.

I regret to inform you Bears fans that not only will the Bears suck this year, but there will be firings and a new QB next year. This free agency period will prove to be wasted money. Someone has to tell you the truth. Have a great day and enjoy the silver lining that is your future draft capital.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, incognito_man said:

How do we feel about the Jets offense lead by Nathaniel Hackett and Zach Wilson if they don't land Rodgers?

Can that defense prevent them from getting the #1 pick?

You do know Wilson started last year and they won games right?  

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I regret to inform you Bears fans that not only will the Bears suck this year, but there will be firings and a new QB next year. This free agency period will prove to be wasted money. Someone has to tell you the truth. Have a great day and enjoy the silver lining that is your future draft capital.

I wish someone had told me sooner 

• Like 5

Packers seem to be flying under the radar as a legit contender for this.  This season is going to be interesting for GB.  With Love in his first season as a starter, and the team inexplicably deciding to retain Barry as DC, a complete meltdown is definitely a possibility.  I am torn on whether I think MLF is actually a good coach.

50 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Packers seem to be flying under the radar as a legit contender for this.  This season is going to be interesting for GB.  With Love in his first season as a starter, and the team inexplicably deciding to retain Barry as DC, a complete meltdown is definitely a possibility.  I am torn on whether I think MLF is actually a good coach.

They have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL next year, if they're picking #1 Love is either god awful or got hurt.