Browns moving from Cleveland

MWil23

15 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Yes, that is what you are doing

Nope, Both average less than 3k yards and 21 TD per season over that time (their availability was mostly their own doing so I'm not rewarding them for missing games) so neither are getting accolades from me.

Just showing someone knocking Watson that Lamar hasn't been top 10 in a few years either.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

Thomas all but left the team after acquiring Watson but yeah he’s an apologist. Lamar fan boys are so funny.

I'm still a Browns fan, still hope for the best for most of the players just haven't got to a point where I can root for Watson so I'm not watching games because I don't want to root against my own QB because then It wouldn't feel like I was a fan of the team and I don't want that.

I never had a backup plan and I could never be a fan of any of the other 31 teams so I'm just sorta in hibernation.

Because of this, I dislike Watson even beyond his sexual predator status.

Still recognize he is a much better passer than Lamar. I'd rather Lamar get a massage from my wife than Watson though.

Well, depending on the settlement maybe 😲

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm still a Browns fan, still hope for the best for most of the players just haven't got to a point where I can root for Watson so I'm not watching games because I don't want to root against my own QB because then It wouldn't feel like I was a fan of the team and I don't want that.

I never had a backup plan and I could never be a fan of any of the other 31 teams so I'm just sorta in hibernation.

Still recognize he is a much better passer than Lamar. I'd rather Lamar get a massage from my wife than Watson though.

Well, depending on the settlement maybe 😲

49ers are always accepting new fans

29 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Houston hated Watson before it was cool. You’d fit in. I know a guy, I can have you in the group in about… six weeks? Maybe seven?

Lmk.

46 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Houston hated Watson before it was cool. You’d fit in. I know a guy, I can have you in the group in about… six weeks? Maybe seven?

Lmk.

Texans fans are ahead of their time.

For them unfortunately haha

I mean they won't be winning for awhile.

Do I sound like a Texan fan? Are you guys self deprecating?

I could offer you all the luck I've brought to the Browns for the last half decade. That's gotta be worth something.

Alas, I'm not going anywhere. I went without a team from 95 to 99 so I can wait it out again if I have to. I'll just root for players, mostly Ohio State players so if you get Stroud I'll be rooting for some wins.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I grew up in Darby. It just outside of Philadelphia. I'd assume that those on here who live in Philly may know it, but I'm not sure. It's um...not great lol. But Philadelphia will probably always have a special place in my heart. 

Yeah have done plenty of work in Darby and the surrounding areas, not always the best ha.

About par for the course for east coast cities.
But its like sandwiched with the Main Line, East Falls, etc. All that old money on the western side.
Nothing unique, that what happens in Cities, upper middle class and up leave a hole in the middle like a donut.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Are there actually any nice big cities? I haven’t seen many. Pittsburgh isnt bad. Charlotte is nice. New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles are terrible in their own ways. San Fran - awful. Philly - train wreck. Detroit - lol. The bigger the city, the worse off typically. 

American cities? Certainly. I mean all have their bad elements, but some are far more fun than others in terms of things to do. Like NYC clearly slays Cleveland or Detroit there. I'm guessing more people are excited to visit San Diego or LA compared to St. Louis. 

Most fun cities I've enjoyed are outside the USA though. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Having spent a lot of time in both, Philly is definitely not better than Chicago. 

I like Philly better than Chicago.  Too cold in Second City.

But I have spent very little time in both.  And my MIL is from Philly, so maybe I have a bias.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I like Philly better than Chicago.  Too cold in Second City.

But I have spent very little time in both.  And my MIL is from Philly, so maybe I have a bias.

It's all about tastes and preferences. 

I'm an odd ball. I've lived in some of the "worst" cities- Oakland, Memphis, New Orleans, Detroit being the most notable, and with work/school/travel/visiting family, I've spent considerable time in quite a few of the big.ones- SF, LA, Seattle, Dallas, Philly, NY, Chicago, Orlando, Houston, Phoenix, Miami, Baltimore being chief among them. 

Detroit is actually my preference out of them all. Enough time getting perpetually sunburned and being a naturally heavy sweater, the southern warm cities are miserable for me for about 8-9 months out of the year. In New Orleans, I'd have to get to court well ahead of time and just sit to dry off and basically get ready all over again during the summer. A suit in the New Orleans summer is my worst nightmare. So I don't mind the colder weather up there at all. 

Windsor reminds me a lot of Aberdeen, the city I lived in over in Scotland for a bit. It's proximity to Detroit (basically one city with the bridge) was a huge bonus for me. Rent was comparable, if not better, than New Orleans or Memphis on a bang for your buck scale, yet came with a higher COLA for feds, so I made out like a banshee financially speaking. It was busy, but not to the point sitting for a couple hours in traffic busy. The football, hockey, basketball, and baseball stadiums were within a short walk for me and I Air BnB'd my condo out pretty often, which was even more of a boon. Detroit was pretty perfect for me. Really the only places I haven't looked very much were Houston, Dallas, and Miami. They just lacked something for me. And New York. New York was like Paris for me- been there, seen it, done it, got the tshirt, don't care if I ever go back. Some people absolutely swear by it. Some despise it. And I just don't care either way. 

That being said, I'm in my early 30s, no wife, no kids, decidedly comfortable middle class, and have no real incentive to buy or lay down permanent-ish roots given my job and the ability to transfer (or simply be told I'm transferring). I'd probably have a different opinion on many places were any of those factors different.

Moral of the story, I suppose, is there's good and bad in every major metro area and it really depends on one's circumstances whether they'll encounter more or less of either side- and I, too, would take Philly over Chicago if forced to choose. It'd be close, but there's something about Philadelphia that just calls to me a bit more than Chicago.