Browns moving from Cleveland

MWil23

30 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Never been, but I hear Philly is every bit as disgusting as Chicago as far as violence and tomfoolery. 

I grew up in Darby. It just outside of Philadelphia. I'd assume that those on here who live in Philly may know it, but I'm not sure. It's um...not great lol. But Philadelphia will probably always have a special place in my heart. 

11 minutes ago, D82 said:

Columbus is nice. Definitely enjoyed going there when I lived in Grove City.

I’ve worked in Columbus the past 12 years. Certain areas are nice, but even the nicer areas have started to get run into the ground, as city leadership has worsened. Even Columbus isn’t a safe place to visit. 2020 reached the point of no return. The suburbs are still nice though (for now). We made a conscious decision 2 1/2 years ago to move 45 minutes away from the city, and I make the drive every day. I haven’t regretted that decision for a day.

Edited by NateDawg

I could make a joke about how they must have heard that after hitting an all-time high the assault and violent crime rates in 2021, the rates in Columbus actually decreased in 2022 so here come the Browns with Deshaun. but... it appears someone may have beaten me to it.

4 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I could make a joke about how they must have heard that after hitting an all-time high the assault and violent crime rates in 2021, the rates in Columbus actually decreased in 2022 so here come the Browns with Deshaun. but... it appears someone may have beaten me to it.

Yeah, violent crimes are up 50% for 2023 as it stands in Columbus, so Deshaun would fit right in. Keep that kid away from campus.

Edited by NateDawg

14 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’ve worked in Columbus the past 12 years. Certain areas are nice, but even the nicer areas have started to get run into the ground, as city leadership has worsened. Even Columbus isn’t a safe place to visit. 2020 reached the point of no return. The suburbs are still nice though (for now). We made a conscious decision 2 1/2 years ago to move 45 minutes away from the city, and I make the drive every day. I haven’t regretted that decision for a day.

That really sucks. I haven't been there since 2017 so I guess a lot has changed.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Are there actually any nice big cities? I haven’t seen many. Pittsburgh isnt bad. Charlotte is nice. New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles are terrible in their own ways. San Fran - awful. Philly - train wreck. Detroit - lol. The bigger the city, the worse off typically. 

Phoenix. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:
2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Where an alleged yet known scumbag who was never found guilty but is a great player leads them to a championship? 

"Great player?" surely not this scumbag - https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3122840/deshaun-watson

Not defending Watson's play, it's just that 6 games isn't really fair. So lets go by their last two seasons and compare Lamar and Watson

Lamar: 24 games 5100 passing yards 33 TD 20 INT

Watson: 22 games 5900 passing yards 40 TD 12 INT

Lamar has 1 more rushing TD and 2 more fumbles in that time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

That really sucks. I haven't been there since 2017 so I guess a lot has changed.

I haven't noticed anything particular in decline. Things get developed, other areas get older, but overall I think the city has improved since I've been here in the past 25 years.