49ers fielding trade calls for QB Trey Lance

RaidersAreOne

The niners have done a ton of work on QBs in this draft. Especially DTR. 

I'd still be somewhat surprised... My expectation has been that nobody would give what would make it worthwhile, but definitely feels like they are kicking it around. Ian has typically been the insider with the best pulse in the niners

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Teams likely trading for Lance are the ones who had a high grade on him in 2021 (Colts) or teams with former 49ers as GM/HC (Titans, Texans)

not sure where i read this rumor, but the Lions were supposedly high on him too...

Will Anderson + Trey Lance

or CJ Stroud + mystery 33rd pick? @ET80

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

What did Matt schaub show to get two seconds? Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen... Jimmy g? Kevin kolb had thrown more more interceptions than tds when he got moved for a second + DRC. 

He's a young, cheap QB two years removed from being a top three pick that is more unknown than good or bad. The NFL has shown to be willing to part with a second for that, tbh. Doesn't make it smart or something that you should do but not unprecedented either.  

The niners have six third round picks the next two years, likely wouldn't be enough for them to move him, but I could be wrong. He costs more to trade than to keep and their starter is hurt with an unknown recovery time. 

Agreed. They are probably only fielding calls in case some team decides to blow them away with a proposal. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I would do both 3rds - and some conditions for a 2024 3rd that could escalate to either a 2nd or 1st if certain benchmarks are met (the 1st will have to come in the event of All Pro/Pro Bowl along with a playoff run - so not easily attainable). I’d also expect a few day 3 picks back - like a 4th and 7th, cannon fodder at most. 

As @Forge said, I don’t think San Francisco would go for it, but who knows.

It may be something they kick around. Can't say for sure. I'd be surprised given all the comp picks they have this year and next. But they could move those things to get higher in the draft as well, do maybe a two step process for them is all 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

What did Matt schaub show to get two seconds? Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen... Jimmy g? Kevin kolb had thrown more more interceptions than tds when he got moved for a second + DRC. 

He's a young, cheap QB two years removed from being a top three pick that is more unknown than good or bad. The NFL has shown to be willing to part with a second for that, tbh. Doesn't make it smart or something that you should do but not unprecedented either.  

The niners have six third round picks the next two years, likely wouldn't be enough for them to move him, but I could be wrong. He costs more to trade than to keep and their starter is hurt with an unknown recovery time. 

You make a valid point about Schaub and others but I still wouldnt do it.  Only one that has panned out by doing that type of trade is Schaub. With that being said, by all means Titans, trade him for your 2nd! 😀

Edited by Texansfan713

Ironically, Baltimore would make the most sense for him with the Lamar debacle, but at this point we have a stalemate there.

If I'm the Texans, Colts, Titans, Jets, Falcons, Commanders, or Bucs I'm at least inquiring and perhaps offering something.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Depends on what is offered. I think if Houston puts 33 on the table, or Indy puts 35 on the table, it will get real consideration. 

It's a big risk by the niners though. They really won't know anything about purdys recovery until month 3. 

Who would offer more than a single mid round pick for him? He hasn't done anything. He's thrown like 400 passes total over the last 5 years. His biggest accomplishment has been getting drafted 3rd overall.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Who would offer more than a single mid round pick for him? He hasn't done anything. He's thrown like 400 passes total over the last 5 years. His biggest accomplishment has been getting drafted 3rd overall.

The NFL has shown a willingness to do it.

• Like 1