Grade your expectations for the Aaron Rodgers era in New York  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Grade your expectations for the Aaron Rodgers era in New York

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The Jets really shouldn't have an Aaron Rodgers era. They need to trade for Cooper Rush, who did better last year over 5 starts with the Cowboys than Rodgers did all year with the Packers.

Rodgers is at best back-up material at this point and I think the Jets know it. I think Rush would approve of this arrangement because he would now be the primary starter for his team, something he will never be with the Cowboys as he was born the same year as Dak Prescott. It just so happens the Jets play the Cowboys in Dallas this year. A match-up of Prescott and his former back-up would easily garner high TV ratings.

If the Jets don't do this, they risk repeating the Broncos' performance with Russell Wilson last year. He too is no longer the force he used to be.

Edited by pf9

I don't love this 27th softest 2023 schedule...

--  2023 New York Jets Schedule & Ease of Schedule  --

27 AFCE Wn |  Team Wn |  Team Wn |  Team Wn |  Team Wn
           |          |          |          |   
2x Buff 13 |  Wash 8½ | @Denv  5 |  K.C. 14 |  Hous 3½
2x Miam  9 | @Clev  7 | @Rdrs  6 |  LACh 10 |  Atla  7
2x N.E.  8 | @Dall 12 | @NYGs 9½ |  Phil 14 |> Jets: 7

...but Aaron Rodgers with that defense puts the Jets into a 4-way battle with the Chargers, Steelers, and Dolphins for a wild card. 

As Quark said:  "I like those odds."

C by the poll, but relative to what NYJ is used to - A.

Go through their history of quarterbacking, and especially over the last 30 years. It's brutal. Having a back to back recent MVP who can still bawl (probably) is huge for NYJ. Not trying to be patronizing, but this will be awesome for their fans. 

Unless of course he is totally done, but I can't see that right now

Probably a B for NYJ and a C for the Packers.

Sure, the Packers get a nice return for a guy they're moving on from...and that guy is a Top 5 all time QB. Love will be a substantial downgrade IMO and I see the Packers in a QB purgatory situation for a while, but I could be wrong.

The Jets gave up a decent amount for Rodgers, and yet what was their alternative? Zach Wilson? Anything is an upgrade from him. At least now they're a viable playoff contender.

Superbowl and the Jets lose the trade basically any other result. This is paying draft capital for the Tom Brady to the Buccs or Peyton Manning to the Broncos experience. If you compare it to Joe Montana to the Chiefs... you even get offensive coordinator Hackett. Montana got to the AFC Championship. I think that's the three comps so expectation is SB, it's also the one thing probably "wrong" with Aaron's career as he should have competed for more than the one SB win he has.

5 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Superbowl and the Jets lose the trade basically any other result. This is paying draft capital for the Tom Brady to the Buccs or Peyton Manning to the Broncos experience. If you compare it to Joe Montana to the Chiefs... you even get offensive coordinator Hackett. Montana got to the AFC Championship. I think that's the three comps so expectation is SB, it's also the one thing probably "wrong" with Aaron's career as he should have competed for more than the one SB win he has.

The difference is that the Broncos Manning joined and the Bucs Brady joined are the 2023 Niners Rodgers wants to have joined. The Jets aren't and weren't an aging HOFer away like the Broncos or Bucs or Niners. Right idea, wrong situation.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

The difference is that the Broncos Manning joined and the Bucs Brady joined are the 2023 Niners Rodgers wants to have joined. The Jets aren't and weren't an aging HOFer away like the Broncos or Bucs or Niners. Right idea, wrong situation.

I'm a Raiders fan and if we had traded for Rodgers the expectation would be SB. Jets have talent and they need to step up and hope it works because the expectation almost certainly is Superbowl. Why make the move otherwise. Stafford -> Rams is another one. If they do this trade and just "improve" or whatever what a damn waste of both draft resources, Rodgers legacy, and everyones time paying attention to this.