Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

With the 5th year picked up, the evaluation window for Love is 2 years (unless the team is bad enough to be in position to select a top QB, which would imply Love playing very poorly). An awful outing doesn’t change that

He hasn’t impressed me through 5 games, even when the #s were looking nice, but there’s clearly good reason to give him a multi year tryout between the physical tools and poise.

If I had to bet, he won’t be anything special, but I certainly think more film is needed before there can be any confident takes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah c'mon guys. If Brady and Rodgers could do it in the peak of their careers, anyone should be able to do it their first year starting. Let's stop with the excuses.

Brady, Rodgers, plenty of others have done it.

Anyway you just admitted that Love isn't on Rodgers' level. I agree with you.

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Would you believe me if I told you the Packers are averaging more PPG this year than they did last year?

You have a stat for everything and they show nothing. If you are going to throw this out there at least talk about the teams and defensive rankings from both years. Or even passes thrown, completion % etc........

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes, I admitted that Jordan Love, 5 starts into his career, is not as good as Aaron Rodgers at the peak of his.

You really got me good

Not even two months ago you were proclaiming Love a certified HOF'er. So uhh which is it?

6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

He doesn't have an alpha receiving option, but he does have a myriad of what seem to be competent, young receivers around him and a Pro Bowl RB. That plus a great OL. He's certainly not starved of supporting talent.

Our biggest issue is experience.  Of all pass catchers, Doubs had the most receptions and Watson had the most yards.  I believe our only other pass catcher with any stats in the NFL was Samouri Toure, who carried over 5 receptions for 82 yards from 2022.  Romeo Doubs has played the most games, with 18.  They are all learning together on the job.  We are most definitely going to have some growing pains.  I will go on record saying that I really like all of the pass catchers that we have.

The OL is really getting tested in its depth.  We have lost our two best OLmen, who also happen to be the left side.  I like the talent that we have at tackle, but we are looking at a 4th rounder, a 7th rounder and a couple of UDFAs.

As for Love, he has not played well for a good portion of this season.  It is still way too early to determine whether or not he has any value.  He will get at least the remainder of the season to show growth.  

If anything, I am more disappointed in Matt LaFleur than Jordan Love at this point.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

Revisiting this, I said I thought Love would be a good backup.  I haven't been convinced otherwise to this point so far.

I also said backup, but I'm kind of more on the "journeyman starter" train now. He's definitely more talented than I expected, but I don't feel super threatened in my prediction.

13 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I also said backup, but I'm kind of more on the "journeyman starter" train now. He's definitely more talented than I expected, but I don't feel super threatened in my prediction.

Same.  I voted bust, but I do think if you invest a first round pick in a QB, and he's not a starter long term, it's a bust.

Still, I didn't expect him to play as well as he has at times.  I think he's to this day my lowest graded QB that went in the first round (Levis would have taken that spot if he went two spots earlier).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

Revisiting this, I said I thought Love would be a good backup.  I haven't been convinced otherwise to this point so far.

Almost like 5-6 starts into his career, you don't *really* know what kind of player he is or something. I'm in a "needs more information" pattern right now. But I've seen flashes enough from Love to say he's worth investing in for the Packers. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Pool said:

You have a stat for everything and they show nothing. If you are going to throw this out there at least talk about the teams and defensive rankings from both years. Or even passes thrown, completion % etc........

They're 17 in opponents PPG this year as opposed to 17th last year...

Look, I'm not saying Jordan Love is playing well as a whole this year.  All I said was that for the first 2 games of the year, he looked like a legitimate top 10 QB.  It obviously came with the caveat that they played one bad defense in Chicago.  But as I've said from the BEGINNING, it's going to take a full year of play before we have a good idea of what the Packers have in Jordan Love.  If he continues down the path he's played the last 3 weeks, the Packers are probably going QB shopping sooner rather than later.  If he rebounds like we think he can, the Packers probably aren't looking for a QB anytime soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Almost like 5-6 starts into his career, you don't *really* know what kind of player he is or something. I'm in a "needs more information" pattern right now. But I've seen flashes enough from Love to say he's worth investing in for the Packers. 

And that's a VERY rational line of thinking.  This is my biggest complaint about the NFL General subform.  As a whole, then majority of posters are more concerned about being "first" than being right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that's a VERY rational line of thinking.  This is my biggest complaint about the NFL General subform.  As a whole, then majority of posters are more concerned about being "first" than being right.

I'm literally going through the same thing in Atlanta with Ridder. Almost like 9 starts in, I'm looking for flashes of if he can be the guy and then seeing it consistently grow into basically an Alex Smith type. (for you, I think Love is probably more of a McNabb type.)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I'm literally going through the same thing in Atlanta with Ridder. Almost like 9 starts in, I'm looking for flashes of if he can be the guy and then seeing it consistently grow into basically an Alex Smith type. (for you, I think Love is probably more of a McNabb type.)

Eagles McNabb, not Redskins McNabb, right?