Who went no.1 overall and who should have gone no.1 overall?

Kiwibrown

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers was an error....though Alex was far more likeable and that almost made it a good choice 

Alex Smith being a #1 overall pick was weird. I don't think he was a first-round pick, period (let alone a first overall pick). 

Also, in 88, Aundray Bruce over several guys (Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, Paul Gruber, Neil Smith) was wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

You underestimate how unlikeable Aaron is

I didnt like Ben, but Id take him every day over JP Losman. B|

And no, Im not comparing Smith to JP Losman....just saying Rodgers on some of those 49ers teams would be dynasty material.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 43M said:

I didnt like Ben, but Id take him every day over JP Losman. B|

And no, Im not comparing Smith to JP Losman....just saying Rodgers on some of those 49ers teams would be dynasty material.

We would have had to learn how to win a playoff game in SF ;)

But no, Rodgers should have been the pick... Unless the niners win a super bowl before he retires 😆

• Like 1

Is this hindsight like so and so went 1, but other guy made HOF so they shoulda been first. Or is it hindisght, but like would have been realistic at the time? Like does Brady go #1? Either way Joe Thomas (or the what would have been a realistic Al pick in Calvin Johnson) over Jamarcus.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Is this hindsight like so and so went 1, but other guy made HOF so they shoulda been first. Or is it hindisght, but like would have been realistic at the time? Like does Brady go #1? Either way Joe Thomas (or the what would have been a realistic Al pick in Calvin Johnson) over Jamarcus.

I think Jamarcus has to be one that stings the most. The next two picks were hall of famers and I'm curious if there's ever been THAT big a bust followed by two hall of famers....and Peterson will likely get in as well who was picked a few picks later.