Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

For Pete's sake, Mike Williams has nothing to do with Johnson's chances.

As prospects, they're eerily similar and they're going to ultimately get a lot of the same development.  6 years and a fat extension later and Williams still has the same drop issues he came into the league with.  That gives me exceedingly low confidence in Johnson getting rid of his if he gets the same treatment/excuses given to him by the Chargers.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Rashan Gary was something like top 10 in pressures among EDGE before he tore his ACL.  And that after transitioning from being a DL in college.  I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't be that high on Rashan Gary but guys with his athletic traits that produce are rare.

Pressures. It's funny only because it's exactly what the guy agreeing with me said his truthers would say. So then it's much like his college tape, you're one of the most athletic guys on the field, why isn't the production a finished product a.k.a. where the sacks at? 

I was low on him as a prospect, and we're in agreement he did little his first couple seasons? Sometimes it's tough to let go of old takes. But I haven't seen enough of him in his productive moments to change my "he wasn't a good top-10 pick" take. So yeah, still hating on Gute's drafting. 

Rashan Gary, 4 years, 22.5 sacks, 9th overall.

Darrell Taylor, 2 years, 16 sacks, 48th overall. And I didn't like him either. But that's starting to prove me wrong. 

It's oversimplified, but to me if you take any Edge in the first round and after 4 years he has never had double digit sacks, that's a bust. Simple metric. Pressures are okay, but they don't swing games substantially