1.13 - Lukas Van Ness [EDGE; Iowa]

CWood21

36 minutes ago, MacReady said:

If this is true, he needs to be fired.

Does he think opposing defenses are not going to do something that's unfair to the offense?

PAB.

As an offensive line guy, good on Lafleur.

If you're not going to let offensive guys attack at full speed in the run game and try to pancake guys, then the defense doesn't get to come off at full speed and attack the offensive lineman. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

As an offensive line guy, good on Lafleur.

If you're not going to let offensive guys attack at full speed in the run game and try to pancake guys, then the defense doesn't get to come off at full speed and attack the offensive lineman. 

specially not in shorts, I bet LVN got a chew out for that, rookie trying to make a impression backfires if he hurts a team mate.

21 hours ago, vegas492 said:

This is not how an internet chat board is supposed to function.

Lol. I know I seem like the complete opposite, but I will not defend an indefensible position. I was flat wrong and I can own it when I’m wrong.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Lol. I know I seem like the complete opposite, but I will not defend an indefensible position. I was flat wrong and I can own it when I’m wrong.

(Clears Throat)

This is not how an internet chat board is supposed to work. 

(and why can't I find green font anymore????)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

(Clears Throat)

This is not how an internet chat board is supposed to work. 

(and why can't I find green font anymore????)

Because your Mom's the new Tech Support.

...that sounded so archaic, was that done right?

Edited by Zycho32
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

@vegas492 start talking more **** about him so he has a big game Va the bears or something

"He's got strong hands.  He's got power.  He will get to the ball." paraphrasing for Baldinger.

It's kind of the EDGE equivalent to saying the girl looks like she has a nice personality.

For the 13'th overall pick, this was an underwhelming camp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

"He's got strong hands.  He's got power.  He will get to the ball." paraphrasing for Baldinger.

It's kind of the EDGE equivalent to saying the girl looks like she has a nice personality.

For the 13'th overall pick, this was an underwhelming camp.

Wasn't Gary's his rookie year as well? Both of those guys are very high ceiling guys who needed a lot of work before they are ready. I think Van Ness was who we thought he was when we drafted him. You'll see him improve as the year goes on. By year end, we are going to have a player on our hands. 

It's OK that he eases into playing because we're pretty stacked at EDGE and our two young tackles look ready to contribute. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Wasn't Gary's his rookie year as well? Both of those guys are very high ceiling guys who needed a lot of work before they are ready. I think Van Ness was who we thought he was when we drafted him. You'll see him improve as the year goes on. By year end, we are going to have a player on our hands. 

It's OK that he eases into playing because we're pretty stacked at EDGE and our two young tackles look ready to contribute. 

Gary sucked then, and still hasn't lived up to his draft slot.  He's yet to even hit, checks notes, 10 sacks in his career.  He only trails Brian Burns by, checks notes,  61 tackles, 23 QB hits, 4 forced fumbles and 15.5 sacks.

He's easily one of the most overrated guys on our roster.

LVN is going down a very similar path.  Again, very meh camp from the 13th overall draft pick.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Gary sucked then, and still hasn't lived up to his draft slot.  He's yet to even hit, checks notes, 10 sacks in his career.  He only trails Brian Burns by, checks notes,  61 tackles, 23 QB hits, 4 forced fumbles and 15.5 sacks.

He's easily one of the most overrated guys on our roster.

LVN is going down a very similar path.  Again, very meh camp from the 13th overall draft pick.

One of the dumbest things you've ever said. 

Burns had 12 sacks last year in 16 games last year. Gary had 6 in 8. He was injured very early in the Detroit game.

In 2021, Gary had 9.5 and Burns had 9. 

So just STOP! Gary was a rotational player his first two years behind the Smith Brothers who ate up the majority of snaps. Doesn't make him a bust. He's going to be a top 25 player in the league this year. Mark it down!

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

One of the dumbest things you've ever said. 

Burns had 12 sacks last year in 16 games last year. Gary had 6 in 8. He was injured very early in the Detroit game.

In 2021, Gary had 9.5 and Burns had 9. 

So just STOP! Gary was a rotational player his first two years behind the Smith Brothers who ate up the majority of snaps. Doesn't make him a bust. He's going to be a top 25 player in the league this year. Mark it down!

Gary is by far the most overhyped player I've seen on the Packers in the last 12-15 years.  He's been outplayed by Brian Burns.  

But let's look at another player taken well after Gary.

Montez Sweat.

Gary only trails him by, checks notes, 30 tackles, 20 QB hits, 4 forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks.

Gary was drafted 12'th overall.  Burns was drafted 16th overall.  Sweat was 26th overall.

He's got little hope of overtaking either of those guys in terms of play on the field.  Just face it, he's been a disappointment.  One we should invest in so we can be disappointed some more.

• Like 1