1.13 - Lukas Van Ness [EDGE; Iowa]

CWood21

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

why am I getting the vibe you want this guy to not be good just so you can be right?

Oh God is this going to be AG and Gary all over and people won't let it go for years again? Lol

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

why am I getting the vibe you want this guy to not be good just so you can be right?

I like LVN a lot. 

That quote was me using Ray's words against him. I made a post about how I loved Reed and Ray posted that. So I copied it when he made a similar post about LVN literally a day or two later to show him his hypocrisy ha

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Bench press is also good to test endurance.  And I also think it shows that you do the extra gym work.  Like, if everyone at your position is doing 15 reps, and you only do 10, what is the reason? 

Longer arms.

6 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

Good player, he reminds me a lot of Wes Welker.

(... do people here still use that meme here?!)

Haven't heard it in a long time but I agree. I real student of the game, sneaky athletic you know. Hes just a gamer with a high motor and even better than that he is scrappy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I like LVN a lot. 

That quote was me using Ray's words against him. I made a post about how I loved Reed and Ray posted that. So I copied it when he made a similar post about LVN literally a day or two later to show him his hypocrisy ha

Got ya. I thought you were one who was down on him for some reason, which I found surprising.

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Haven't heard it in a long time but I agree. I real student of the game, sneaky athletic you know. Hes just a gamer with a high motor and even better than that he is scrappy. 

Not to get into something like this because I'm not serious about it all all, but ages ago on another site a guy went through all the D guys in the draft and searched for high motor on like CBS or something. And it was like 100 white guys and one black guy. I don't care to admit how funny I thought that was. 

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Got ya. I thought you were one who was down on him for some reason, which I found surprising.

Initially I gave Ray grief about him. I didn't love LVN after the first cutups I saw. I don't think they chose very good plays of his to highlight. But then after watching more and getting his combine numbers in I liked him a lot more. 

I was also back and forth on EDGE in general. I wanted an OT, but the top tier was gone by pick 13. Overall I didn't LOVE the top EDGE tier as much as the top OT tier, but I like LVN more than Anderson or Wilson. Those two didn't do it for me. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I have long *** arms. 

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Me too. It's also my excuse for sucking *** at bench press. 

I don't know why more people don't realize this as common knowledge. You watch this dude absolutely truck over two top 12 OT picks (Paris Johnson and Skrononski) and you think he's not strong enough to play football because he can't bench like a midget olympic lifter?

I see it in real life too where short dudes think they're overall stronger than a big guy because they're compact to do a certian lift well (shoter dudes may be stronger too but not always). When you have long arms, the distance traveled by the bar could be double and you have a lot more work to do.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Initially I gave Ray grief about him. I didn't love LVN after the first cutups I saw. I don't think they chose very good plays of his to highlight. But then after watching more and getting his combine numbers in I liked him a lot more. 

I was also back and forth on EDGE in general. I wanted an OT, but the top tier was gone by pick 13. Overall I didn't LOVE the top EDGE tier as much as the top OT tier, but I like LVN more than Anderson or Wilson. Those two didn't do it for me. 

and LVN at least showed the ability to absolutely cook some of those guys.

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

and LVN at least showed the ability to absolutely cook some of those guys.

He did. The LVN vs Paris Johnson/OSU cutup was dynamite prospect watching. I commented previously it was the best of the class (with Darnell Wright dominating Will Anderson Jr as the next best)