1.13 - Lukas Van Ness [EDGE; Iowa]

CWood21

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not disagreeing with your statement.

Am asking you to temper your enthusiasm for LVN.  He isn't Bosa.  At all.  He didn't have the collegiate resume and he is not as quick or as explosive off of the ball, when watching his film.  

LVN is also comped to Gary, another very explosive player, and no one seems to have an issue with that comp. What's the difference between Bosa and Gary? If anything Gary is more explosive, Bosa is just a damn brute with some of the best technical hand usage I've seen a pass rusher have. 

Long story short, LVN is more athletic than Bosa. The comp doesn't fail at explosion, the comp fails at the technical aspects of rushing, but those can be taught. It's not a bad "peak ceiling" comp, so long as it's stated that way and not the expected arc of his career.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:31 AM, incognito_man said:

I had Gonzalez above LVN, but that was it. I selected him in the shadow draft. Really happy with LVN though. Especially if we can move on from Preston after this year. That contract is ugly.

As did I, but by taking Gonzalez you're effectively writing off Eric Stokes.

22 hours ago, incognito_man said:

He would have to be a post june-1st trade or cut next season 

There might be a way to eat the cap and fill the hole in the roster but if he’s playing at a decent level, pass rush is a premium spot. Also, Preston has definitely grown into one of the locker room leaders and is a down right elder statesman on this roster this year. There is a still a case to be made for him to play on that contract next year obviously based on what he shows this season. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

LVN is also comped to Gary, another very explosive player, and no one seems to have an issue with that comp. What's the difference between Bosa and Gary? If anything Gary is more explosive, Bosa is just a damn brute with some of the best technical hand usage I've seen a pass rusher have. 

Long story short, LVN is more athletic than Bosa. The comp doesn't fail at explosion, the comp fails at the technical aspects of rushing, but those can be taught. It's not a bad "peak ceiling" comp, so long as it's stated that way and not the expected arc of his career.

First off, the difference is about 20 sacks, despite nick not playing in 2020.

Nick was in a league of his own coming out and his draft selection reflected that.  As compared to Gary and LVN who are not as developed coming out.

To me, Nick wins with great speed, power and tenacity.  Technical skills too.  He's faster, much faster, than LVN was in college.  

Maybe LVN can become fast like that off of the edge.  But I didn't see it on tape at all.  LVN's game was power, hands and tenacity.

So, I'll go back to the draft picks for all 3 you mentioned and the 20 sack differential between Gary and Nick, despite Nick not playing for a year as the difference between the three.

Couple years?  We shall see.  But Nick >> Gary right now.  It isn't even close.  Gary, though, is still developing, at least I hope he is.  LVN, well, we know he is a developmental kid right now with a ton of upside.

My comp for him was a better version of Kerrigan.  And maybe, I do see some hints of JJ Watt in there in how relentless and powerful he is.

But that last part is just me dreaming.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hope they don't baby LVN and play him like 30 percent of snaps.  Let that man eat from day one.  

I hope they get creative when Rashan's back. If they can get LVN on the field with Preston and RG, that would be amazing. One of those guys coming in behind Kenny for some interior pressure would be fun.

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I hope they get creative when Rashan's back. If they can get LVN on the field with Preston and RG, that would be amazing. One of those guys coming in behind Kenny for some interior pressure would be fun.

Devonte Wyatt is already talking **** about how good in inside pressure is going to be this year. 

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Just heard MLF presser from yesterday and he said he doesn't want to see any bull rush with defence players throwing offence players back. It is not fair on the offense player and once the pads are on we'll see who is who

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Just heard MLF presser from yesterday and he said he doesn't want to see any bull rush with defence players throwing offence players back. It is not fair on the offense player and once the pads are on we'll see who is who

It's still nice to hear we got a defender with a bit of a violence streak in him. As long as it stays on the field, I'm good with it. 

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's still nice to hear we got a defender with a bit of a violence streak in him. As long as it stays on the field, I'm good with it. 

Yep. QW has yet to attack any trainers off the field…as far as know.

(Sorry, Quay. As a loyal fan, I am just trying to help you be better.)

On 7/29/2023 at 3:41 PM, Brit Pack said:

If this is true, he needs to be fired.

Does he think opposing defenses are not going to do something that's unfair to the offense?

PAB.