1.13 - Lukas Van Ness [EDGE; Iowa]

CWood21

36 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Let it be known that I didn't want LVN. I would have taken JSN and not looked back but I do understand what LVN could potentially become if he maximizes his potential. 

K.  I just did this.  Go to Pro Football Reference.

Pretend you took JSN at the LVN pick.  Then go to the Reed pick and pick your EDGE there.

Tell me which combo you like better.

Don't mess with those TE picks, we needed those, they are constants.

While I wanted JSN for this offense, taking LVN/Reed is far superior than any combo I can get with JSN and Insert EDGE name here with the Reed pick.

I mean, I may have been the leader of the JSN bandwagon.  And even I have to admit that Gutey did it better.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Pretend you took JSN at the LVN pick.  Then go to the Reed pick and pick your EDGE there.

While I wanted JSN for this offense, taking LVN/Reed is far superior than any combo I can get with JSN and Insert EDGE name here with the Reed pick.

I mean, I may have been the leader of the JSN bandwagon.  And even I have to admit that Gutey did it better.

I mean if we are just talking similar players Tuli Tuipulotu is a similar player IMO to LVN. I would have been just as happy with JSN, Musgrave, Tuli, & Kraft. To add I didn't like LVN and I think he turns into a below average starter where I think JSN would have been a picture perfect slot for Love like Cobb for Rodgers. I also would have been just fine with Gonzalez even though that is not really a need right now. 

Edited by Spartacus

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

I mean if we are just talking similar players Tuli Tuipulotu is a similar player IMO to LVN. I would have been just as happy with JSN, Musgrave, Tuli, & Kraft. 

Tuli is similar in size and that's about it. Not on the same planet athletically or in play strength. 

I would imagine no LVN in round 1 would mean no trade down in rd 2, they felt comfortable they'd get Reed. They'd have stayed at 45 and picked White or Benton had they taken JSN or another offensive player.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Tuli is similar in size and that's about it. Not on the same planet athletically or in play strength. 

I would imagine no LVN in round 1 would mean no trade down in rd 2, they felt comfortable they'd get Reed. They'd have stayed at 45 and picked White or Benton had they taken JSN or another offensive player.

Which I would also have been a fan of. I'm just not high on LVN as some others are which is fine. I hope i'm wrong. 

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The either/or that probably should be compared is JSN on a trade back with the Steelers at 17 and Keion White at 45 versus LVN and Reed on the trade back twice at 50. Keeping the TE's the same.  

52 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Gutekunst = Good Art

Hard to beat that when trying to put together a masterpiece.

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

It has been shown time and time again that long arms can really hamper your bench press results and he has some long arms. Watching his film there is no way in hell I question his play strength. 

Long arms a huge plus in the pass rush/pass protection... arms race.

IT'S LITERALLY an ARMS RACE HOLY **** I'm the 3rd funniest person here.

Edited by skibrett15

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I had Gonzalez above LVN, but that was it. I selected him in the shadow draft. Really happy with LVN though. Especially if we can move on from Preston after this year. That contract is ugly.

According to OTC, Packers would only save 2.5M on cap by moving Preston in 2024 with 14M dead money. I think you're better off bringing him back and hoping he can still contribute. Besides the more pass rushers you have, the better. The more you can reduce the snaps of edge rushers in the 1st 3 quarters, the less chance they'll be gassed by the 4th quarter. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

According to OTC, Packers would only save 2.5M on cap by moving Preston in 2024 with 14M dead money. I think you're better off bringing him back and hoping he can still contribute. Besides the more pass rushers you have, the better. The more you can reduce the snaps of edge rushers in the 1st 3 quarters, the less chance they'll be gassed by the 4th quarter. 

He would have to be a post june-1st trade or cut next season 

The money is better on the Edge rather than on the WR. In consideration of what GB has done with WR in the 2nd round you take the best premium position at 13. LVN is that for this team. Potential is there to be a Bosa type for GB for the next 5 to 10 years. You take he WR in the first you don't get that premium talent in the second at Edge likely. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I mean if we are just talking similar players Tuli Tuipulotu is a similar player IMO to LVN. I would have been just as happy with JSN, Musgrave, Tuli, & Kraft. To add I didn't like LVN and I think he turns into a below average starter where I think JSN would have been a picture perfect slot for Love like Cobb for Rodgers. I also would have been just fine with Gonzalez even though that is not really a need right now. 

You're embarrassing yourself. 

Tuipulotu is so unathletic he wouldn't do anything at the combine or his pro day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're embarrassing yourself. 

Tuipulotu is so unathletic he wouldn't do anything at the combine or his pro day. 

Did I say I wanted Tuipulotu? Personally I didn't mind the 2nd or 3rd round as is. I just don't like LVN. I hope i'm wrong and I hope he is a perennial pro bowler but I was just answering a question. 

11 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

The money is better on the Edge rather than on the WR. In consideration of what GB has done with WR in the 2nd round you take the best premium position at 13. LVN is that for this team. Potential is there to be a Bosa type for GB for the next 5 to 10 years. You take he WR in the first you don't get that premium talent in the second at Edge likely. 

Not disagreeing with your statement.

Am asking you to temper your enthusiasm for LVN.  He isn't Bosa.  At all.  He didn't have the collegiate resume and he is not as quick or as explosive off of the ball, when watching his film.