1.13 - Lukas Van Ness [EDGE; Iowa]

CWood21

Just now, Old Guy said:

He's got a lot to learn. He doesn't not have a full toolbox of moves. The effort is there and you can see he's strong, but he's a ball of clay. 

That might be another thing he will have in common with Gary. Gary never really disappointed but it took awhile to unwrap the fully formed player.

As long as he’s ready for 2025…

1 minute ago, R T said:

That's kind of funny. 

LVN's GF is Cole Kmet's sister, Frankie.  The ol' man knows a nice butt when he sees it.  A lot of people seemed to think Lukas had 3 GF's, but it turns out the two blondes are his sisters.  Good lookin' bunch there.

great pick. LVN is a war daddy, as MFL likes to say 

however, my gut feeling is that we won't see the full potential of this defense until Joe Barry leaves. he has zero excuses, we have allocated a ridiculous amount of resources (FA and draft capital) into this defense. 

it's either the coaching is not good enough, or these talented players we've been adding over the years aren't actually that talented. i'm willing to bet it's the former 

12 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers need to play this guy a hell of a lot more than they played Gary in his rookie year.  I would imagine that LVN will log a lot of snaps as an interior lineman to go along with rotational snaps at OLB.  

This.  I don't want to see him redshirted and losing snaps to Engbare.  With losing Rodgers, everything changes, these young talented kids need to play more and learn on the job.  

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

This.  I don't want to see him redshirted and losing snaps to Engbare.  With losing Rodgers, everything changes, these young talented kids need to play more and learn on the job.  

Right idea, wrong guy.

We want Enagbare out there. We want Preston Smith losing reps.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Right idea, wrong guy.

We want Enagbare out there. We want Preston Smith losing reps.

Could be.  

Either way, I want LVN playing and playing a lot.  I don't even care if it as a stand up OLB or a hand in the dirt DL/DE.

I think no matter what the guy is gonna play early because of Gary's injury he's coming off of, unless he's somehow just so bad, even then they would try to get him reps being a first round pick. You have to think his experience playing inside will help get on the field more as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think we should minimize the number of snaps that LVN takes as a rookie by not allowing any first downs for the other team.  That would be something like 36 snaps/game which sounds about right.

Absolutely. Similarly, we should try to boost our new QBs confidence by scoring more points than the other team every game. This will make him feel better about himself when he compares his game to the other QB, who scored fewer points. 

10 hours ago, Refugee said:

Absolutely. Similarly, we should try to boost our new QBs confidence by scoring more points than the other team every game. This will make him feel better about himself when he compares his game to the other QB, who scored fewer points. 

by winning every coin toss the squad will get fired up with grit