> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Wiggins is the one I'm hoping for right now. DeJean seems like a good DB, but I'm not sure where I think he best fits. Kool-Aid is the one I'd settle for.

Seems like some of the experts are coming around on Wiggins. DeJean is like a wildcard you can throw anywhere. I'd initially put him at CB since that's the most premiere. At the very least I feel like he's a top notch slot CB. I'd be perfectly happy with Kool Aid. Feels like it's agreed on that his floor is so high he's very unlikely to bust. If I had my pick I'd go Quinyon. Daniel Jeremiah being so high on Rakestraw makes me like him too.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Wiggins is the one I'm hoping for right now. DeJean seems like a good DB, but I'm not sure where I think he best fits. Kool-Aid is the one I'd settle for.

My hope would be he’d be an elite 3rd safety/nickel/box guy under fangio. 

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

By no means am I condoning Cunningham being back as a starter. He can be brought back as depth though if he's willing. Ideally Reed is a high quality SAF3 or a solid SAF2. I think both LB and SAF need to be attacked with a good FA each and a day 2 or early day 3 pick each.

My thing is that getting someone like cooper, Wilson, trotter in round 2 is more important in combination with a free agent signing. I don’t really have faith in nakobe. Nakobe almost seems like depth at this point. I’m not against first round corner. I’d prefer it to tackle. But I want someone who’s more likely to impact day 1. At 22 I see a WR, versatile dejean, or an interior lineman as more likely a day 1 cheap impactful player

safety I want a stud free agent. LB I want a solid guy. I want Blankenship to be depth.

not sure I want a first round safety either. 

a guy like dejean to me potentially impacts on 3 levels. He’s probably my #1 DB at 22. But I like the center powers-Johnson, I also like the South Carolina WR legette as our #3 and potentially AJs  replacement. It allows devonta to be a slot star like cooper kupp

44 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

My thing is that getting someone like cooper, Wilson, trotter in round 2 is more important in combination with a free agent signing. I don’t really have faith in nakobe. Nakobe almost seems like depth at this point. I’m not against first round corner. I’d prefer it to tackle. But I want someone who’s more likely to impact day 1. At 22 I see a WR, versatile dejean, or an interior lineman as more likely a day 1 cheap impactful player

safety I want a stud free agent. LB I want a solid guy. I want Blankenship to be depth.

a guy like dejean to me potentially impacts on 3 levels. He’s probably my #1 DB at 22. But I like the center powers-Johnson, I also like the South Carolina WR legette as our #3 and potentially AJs  replacement. It allows devonta to be a slot star like cooper kupp

Far more wideouts I’d want them to add before Xavier, pretty solid class to upgrade that #3 spot. AJ and Devonta are in their mid 20s, and I think the plan is to keep them both. So don’t need to go crazy trying to replace them.

Dejean probably has the clearest path for us, can come in and play outside / slot / safety …however the rest of the roster shakes out. Can see them taking Tykee Smith at that late 3rd round spot for the slot/safety versatility if DeJean isn’t there. Can’t trust Maddox to be healthy anymore.

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Far more wideouts I’d want them to add before Xavier, pretty solid class to upgrade that #3 spot. AJ and Devonta are in their mid 20s, and I think the plan is to keep them both. So don’t need to go crazy trying to replace them.

Dejean probably has the clearest path for us, can come in and play outside / slot / safety …however the rest of the roster shakes out. Can see them taking Tykee Smith at that late 3rd round spot for the slot/safety versatility if DeJean isn’t there. Can’t trust Maddox to be healthy anymore.

I’m very much in on DeJean. Where ever he fits best in the secondary- the Eagles need. 

25 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I have little to no faith in him as well. People forget that even when he was healthy and out there playing, he wasn't noticeable at all. I'm surprised he graded out even as well as he did. He'll get an honest crack at it though whether we like it or not, and honestly I don't think they'll expend more than one significant resource at that position. 

I like your plan for player acquisition. I'm 100% on board with a receiver day 2 or early day 3.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I’ve heard a few beat writers say they think AJ won’t get another contract with Philly. I just think a big physical athletic WR could be interesting on the outside allowing there to be more versatility with devonta 

on dejean I do agree completely. He might be my #1

i think he could be an incredible Swiss knife in the secondary. He could cover TEs, play in the box, play deep, nickel. He could be a defensive coordinators dream when it comes to deception 

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I have little to no faith in him as well. People forget that even when he was healthy and out there playing, he wasn't noticeable at all. I'm surprised he graded out even as well as he did. He'll get an honest crack at it though whether we like it or not, and honestly I don't think they'll expend more than one significant resource at that position. 

I like your plan for player acquisition. I'm 100% on board with a receiver day 2 or early day 3.

I get that I’m just worried if they don’t protect themselves deans body will give out and they won’t have a good backup plan. It’ll be another bandaid.

id take WR 22 if the value is there. 

11 hours ago, Scalamania said:

My favorite time of year - which bum will the Philly media/this message board fall in love with ala Nolan Smith, Jalen Reagor, Denzel Mims. 

My guess is it’s either Chop Robinson or Kool-Aid. 

Why are you lumping Nolan Smith in with Reagor and Mims?

There exists the possibility the Eagle trade up.

Premier positions like OT and CB will likely be available in the late first.
Pairing the two 2nd's with a trade back from one of the 5th's would probably give the Eagles both of those positions.
They could take a WR3 with the 3rd.
LB and S can be filled with 5th rounders as the Eagles will probably need to sign FA's there anyway.

Miami would be ideal as they only have six picks, may or may not be losing two key players depending on how the new cap influences matters and would give the Eagles control of consecutive picks.
I don't think a deal like this would be made until Miami was on the clock, however.

18 hours ago, Scalamania said:

My favorite time of year - which bum will the Philly media/this message board fall in love with ala Nolan Smith, Jalen Reagor, Denzel Mims. 

My guess is it’s either Chop Robinson or Kool-Aid. 

to be fair nolan smith was probably our best defender in the playoff game. not saying much but probably true.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Becuase he's a bust didn't you know? Wasn't a stud his rookie season! 👌

While I don't necessarily agree. He was objectively disappointing in his rookie year, just like Reagor, maybe more. It's still early too tell, but if someone wants to call him a bust, I won't  hold it against them. There's more basis given that, our overall drafting history, our overall developing history and our history with the position than to call him the opposite. It's just pretty much getting it over with already thing.

Hope he is wrong though. 

• Like 1