> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't know if its cause the last game (maybe his most impressive of the year?) of the season where McKinney picked off Hurts twice is sticking in my head, but I want him bad. Seems like the perfect fit role wise, age wise, relationship with Hurts, etc. He's gonna get paid a good amount, but I don't think its gonna be a number we can't do. Spotrac has his market value at 5 years / 52.4 million (10.4 million per year). PFF has him down for 4 years / 54 million (13.5 average). I'd probably guess he goes for closer to PFF's #, especially with how much the cap rose this year. Might seem like a lot, but Marcus Williams who we made a similar offer to Baltimore 2 years ago went for 5 years / 70 million (14 average). 

Yeah, McKinney is the guy I want and I think he makes a lot of sense. I think he just turns 25 sometime this year. I'd like to sign McKinney and maybe draft somebody like Malik Mustapha on day 3.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Well probably sign another DT. Howie loves just signing DTs and drafting them with all of his best resources.

It’s going to be Graham Barton R1, Fiske R2 and then the best LB/DB in R2. 

36 minutes ago, Danger said:

Well probably sign another DT. Howie loves just signing DTs and drafting them with all of his best resources.

I was writing a post about this very thing. I think they will invest in there. Who do they have besides Carter, Williams and Ojomo to play DE in there base or the Penny package? Unless, I am forgetting somebody. I think they will invest more than people think or would like to replace Cox. 

On a similar note, if Kelce retires I won't be surprised if they use significant resources to fill the RG spot that Jurgens would likely vacate in that situation.  Unless the Eagles feel really comfortable with Steen filling in at RG I think they will invest a significant pick or significant money to ensure they have a RG who is a plus starter. I know that spending a premium pick on either of those positions may be unpopular with a lot of fans but I will not be surprised to see it happen. Especially if they fall in love with a prospect who is G/T versatile and can be penciled in to eventually replace Johnson. Maybe that's Steen but it may be someone not currently with the team.

7 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I was writing a post about this very thing. I think they will invest in there. Who do they have besides Carter, Williams and Ojomo to play DE in there base or the Penny package? Unless, I am forgetting somebody. I think they will invest more than people think or would like to replace Cox. 

On a similar note, if Kelce retires I won't be surprised if they use significant resources to fill the RG spot that Jurgens would likely vacate in that situation.  Unless the Eagles feel really comfortable with Steen filling in at RG I think they will invest a significant pick or significant money to ensure they have a RG who is a plus starter. I know that spending a premium pick on either of those positions may be unpopular with a lot of fans but I will not be surprised to see it happen. Especially if they fall in love with a prospect who is G/T versatile and can be penciled in to eventually replace Johnson. Maybe that's Steen but it may be someone not currently with the team.

See above. Graham Barton will be the RG if Kelce hangs it up. 

I don't see Howie drafting a RG in the 1st unless that player is or was a starting RT in College, like Tyler Steen.  A player Stout believes can convert to RG until Lane retires, then both players will fill roles.

That IMO only occurs if Kelce retires though. We did it twice already trying to find Jason's replacement (Landon/Cam) and I could see that approach with Lane as well with Tyler/???

If Jason does retire, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if JP-Johnson was drafted and  depending on how quickly he learned the system Stout plays musical chairs putting the best at OC/RG between the 2 (Cam) for 2024 season. Using Steen as the utility backup (RG/RT) and as Lane's potential replacement in 25/26?

Guess we'll find out shortly what that plan (Kelce) will be.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Final CB ranking

1 DeJean
2 Quinyon
3 Wiggins
4 Arnold
5 Lassiter
6 Melton
7 Kool-Aid
8 Tampa
9 Rakestraw
10 Green
11 Abrams-Draine

These are the CB's worth taking before round 3. After those 11, it's meh city. Didn't really deep dive the Auburn guys, they might be better than I assume.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Final CB ranking

1 DeJean
2 Quinyon
3 Wiggins
4 Arnold
5 Lassiter
6 Melton
7 Kool-Aid
8 Tampa
9 Rakestraw
10 Green
11 Abrams-Draine

These are the CB's worth taking before round 3. After those 11, it's meh city. Didn't really deep dive the Auburn guys, they might be better than I assume.

Would be ecstatic to get any of the top 4, others would depend slightly on where we we're taking them.
But great year to need one for sure.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Would be ecstatic to get any of the top 4, others would depend slightly on where we we're taking them.
But great year to need one for sure.

Yup. It would be very Howie to trade for Jaylon Johnson or Jaire, etc and "win now" rather than draft and develop a guy, but we really should just draft a guy in the 1st this year. BPA at pick 22 is most likely a CB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Yup. It would be very Howie to trade for Jaylon Johnson or Jaire, etc and "win now" rather than draft and develop a guy, but we really should just draft a guy in the 1st this year. BPA at pick 22 is most likely a CB.

Name the FA/traded OL we are signing instead and then talk to me about rookie CB's. It's not happening,  especially post Kelce retirement!!

🙏🙏 to God, Stout believes both Cam and Stout are ready. Otherwise I'm 90% positive it's  OL/DL "before" pick #22.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Final CB ranking

1 DeJean
2 Quinyon
3 Wiggins
4 Arnold
5 Lassiter
6 Melton
7 Kool-Aid
8 Tampa
9 Rakestraw
10 Green
11 Abrams-Draine

Love this list but why no Khyree Jackson?

Maybe it's just me but he's one of my favorite guys in this draft so far

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Name the FA/traded OL we are signing instead and then talk to me about rookie CB's. It's not happening,  especially post Kelce retirement!!

🙏🙏 to God, Stout believes both Cam and Stout are ready. Otherwise I'm 90% positive it's  OL/DL "before" pick #22.

So pretty much we have to have all 5 OT and 4 DL under contract and their backups for 3+ years every year otherwise we are not drafting anything else? 

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

So pretty much we have to have all 5 OT and 4 DL under contract and their backups for 3+ years every year otherwise we are not drafting anything else? 

Seems to be the plan.  We had the D-Line set, kept addressing it, and the back 7 suffered.  We saw the results when the pass rush could not get home and the Eagles were dead last in defensive 3rd down conversions.