2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

18 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Fields has not reached his ceiling yet.

They ended up trading him for a day 3 pick. Which is what I said he is worth. Lol. Man, I called it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldManWillis said:

So QB market looking pretty bleak. We trading up for a QB or hoping Nix is there at 13?

We’re either hoping one drops into our laps or rolling with Minshew. I don’t see us trading up at all. And I don’t see us reaching either. 

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We’re either hoping one drops into our laps or rolling with Minshew. I don’t see us trading up at all. And I don’t see us reaching either. 

Trade up for McCarthy 

Reach for Nix or Penix 

Roll with Minshew / AOC

I hate it here 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Trade up for McCarthy 

Reach for Nix or Penix 

Roll with Minshew / AOC

I hate it here 

Yeah. That’s essentially where we’re at. Either that or we do what I want, which is BPA at 13, Penix or Nix drops to like pick 25-30, then we trade up and take them near the end of the first round so we have that 5th year option.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Trade up for McCarthy 

Reach for Nix or Penix 

Roll with Minshew / AOC

I hate it here 

Penix is honestly the best option.  Draft a RT at 13, blinds side protection....move up from 44 to take him at the back end of round one to get that 5th year option if he balls out.  

I have less faith in Nix.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Penix is honestly the best option.  Draft a RT at 13, blinds side protection....move up from 44 to take him at the back end of round one to get that 5th year option if he balls out.  

I have less faith in Nix.  

I think Nix will be available at 44. We could grab him there and get the RT in the first like you said

We have about 30M in cap space. Let me throw this hypothetical question out there. Let’s say the Packers offered us J.Alexander for 13 would you do it? 

I would strongly consider it for a few reasons. JA is a stud who is in his prime at 27 and we all know the draft is a crap shoot. He would cost us somewhere around 20M but we have the room and D needs a lockdown CB. 

I would most likely pull the trigger on it but I would make it contingent on waiting until we’re on the clock to execute the deal if we deemed it good value.

An example would be if one of the QB’s slipped or if Arnold was on the board I would not do the deal. There is risk with Arnold and JA is a proven stud but Arnold’s projects well, is 20 and a fraction of the cost. I would take the risk and draft him at 13… 

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We have about 30M in cap space. Let me throw this hypothetical question out there. Let’s say the Packers offered us J.Alexander for 13 would you do it? 

I would strongly consider it for a few reasons. JA is a stud who is in his prime at 27 and we all know the draft is a crap shoot. He would cost us somewhere around 20M but we have the room and D needs a lockdown CB. 

I would most likely pull the trigger on it but I would make it contingent on waiting until we’re on the clock to execute the deal if we deemed it good value.

An example would be if one of the QB’s slipped or if Arnold was on the board I would not do the deal. There is risk with Arnold and JA is a proven stud but Arnold’s projects well, is 20 and a fraction of the cost. I would take the risk and draft him at 13… 

So you want to give up a Top 13 1st round pick to pay $21/million year for a CB that had a down year last year? I would consider a 2nd at best 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

So you want to give up a Top 13 1st round pick to pay $21/million year for a CB that had a down year last year? I would consider a 2nd at best 

Alexander is without question a top 10CB in the nfl when healthy and he’s only 27. You know that you’re getting a stud cb in his prime with the 13 pick.

Considering our draft history we could draft someone like Damon Arnette, so yes I would take the proven commodity over someone who’s never taken a snap in the nfl before. Like I said above if one of the top QBs slip or if Arnold is on the board I would keep the pick and take them. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Jalen Ramsey just got traded for a 3rd

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Then we really should have done it.

For a 6th, yeah. Even I wouldn't have balked at that, and I think Justin Fields is a bottom run QB who should switch positions before he finds himself out of the league. Heck, I'd cut Abdullah and let him return punts and kicks for a 6th lol. 

11 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

For a guy that has missed 24 games over the last three seasons, no thanks.

With it becoming obvious that McCarthy is gonna go top 6 to the vikings after trading their FRP, I will be happy with whichever of Nix/Penix we can get in the 2nd round/with a 2nd round trade up.

At 13 I want to take BPA now. If that's Olu, Arnold, Newton, etc I'm game. Just get an impact defender or franchise OL.

Btw, for those bemoaning the qb process....even if we had say pick #7 or 6 hypothetically speaking. It still not a guarantee we'd get any of the top 3. Just gotta wait and see how it plays out unfortunately. I'm just hoping for one of the 6, at a decent value spot (I know, that's hoping for a lot.)