2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Maxx isn't going anywhere. Not only is he an elite player on the field, but he has that elite work ethic as well which elevates the ability and mentality of those around him. He's un-tradeable imo.

Trading away Khalil Mack was a terrible decision, and we got lucky that we found someone just as good so soon after giving up #52.

For Davante, I agree we should be looking to move on from if the right offer is there.

This plus maxx is getting the respect where players like Wilkins sign here because of maxx. And people want to trade him? I get adams trade stuff but not maxx tho

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Maxx isn't going anywhere. Not only is he an elite player on the field, but he has that elite work ethic as well which elevates the ability and mentality of those around him. He's un-tradeable imo.

Trading away Khalil Mack was a terrible decision, and we got lucky that we found someone just as good so soon after giving up #52.

For Davante, I agree we should be looking to move on from if the right offer is there.

I liked Mack but thought moving him was the right move for the franchise however I did not agree with the compensation we received for him.  The team was no where near a contender with or without him and we could have used an influx of young talent.  Those three picks were not enough and squandered by our front office but the philosophy was right...  Mack would have done nearly nothing for us just like he did nothing for the Bears in terms of wins and losses.  

Maxx is damn near un tradable for all of the reasons you mentioned but if someone offered three 1st's I would strongly consider it. 

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This plus maxx is getting the respect where players like Wilkins sign here because of maxx. And people want to trade him? I get adams trade stuff but not maxx tho

I can think of 83 million other guaranteed reasons as to why Wilkins signed here. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

People wanting to trade Maxx play too much Madden Franchise 

He's not just 11+ sacks a year.  He is the 'bar' for this franchise.  It's get on his level and ball or GTFO.  We need that.  

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I can think of 83 million other guaranteed reasons as to why Wilkins signed here. 

Literally 80% of defense guys at the combine mentioned maxx name even the young guys get it

• Like 2

May not do many more mock drafts because work has been busy. This is what I did.

13. Troy Fautanu: Technician, very clean tackle prospect who I think can even hold his own against elite speed rushers. Long term starter.

44. Penix Jr (or Nix), he was available. I've said enough about him at this point.

77. Renardo Green: nasty, aggressive outside corner who bullied Nabers on the outside. Can be very good in the NFL but needs coaching on his hand use.

112. Blake Corum: can't believe he was there. Amazing quickness, could overshadow Zeus long term.

148. Zak Zinter: A good stash, potentially huge steal long term.

208. Xavier Weaver: Solid depth player at WR if injuries hit. Definitely has decent speed and has shown some savvy.

223. Evan Anderson (DT FAU): Big dude, space eater. At this stage, may as well take a shot on another DT on a rookie deal.

229. JD Bertrand (LB Notre Dame): Multi year notre dame starter at LB. Apparently ran in the 4.6 range, aggressive. Worth a shot at this point in the 7th.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

May not do many more mock drafts because work has been busy. This is what I did.

13. Troy Fautanu: Technician, very clean tackle prospect who I think can even hold his own against elite speed rushers. Long term starter.

44. Penix Jr (or Nix), he was available. I've said enough about him at this point.

77. Renardo Green: nasty, aggressive outside corner who bullied Nabers on the outside. Can be very good in the NFL but needs coaching on his hand use.

112. Blake Corum: can't believe he was there. Amazing quickness, could overshadow Zeus long term.

208. Xavier Weaver: Solid depth player at WR if injuries hit. Definitely has decent speed and has shown some savvy.

223. Evan Anderson (DT FAU): Big dude, space eater. At this stage, may as well take a shot on another DT on a rookie deal.

229. JD Bertrand (LB Notre Dame): Multi year notre dame starter at LB. Apparently ran in the 4.6 range, aggressive. Worth a shot at this point in the 7th.

Like this mock.OL then QB makes sense imo. I think the strength of the draft is OL id be looking at a couple of guards as I’m not convinced by Parham tbh.. I like taking a CB, Khyree Jackson is who I like but not sure if he will be there. I’d probably look to take a RB later but I love the Evan Anderson pick he is someone I’d take as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Like this mock.OL then QB makes sense imo. I think the strength of the draft is OL id be looking at a couple of guards as I’m not convinced by Parham tbh.. I like taking a CB, Khyree Jackson is who I like but not sure if he will be there. I’d probably look to take a RB later but I love the Evan Anderson pick he is someone I’d take as well. 

I think investing in the OL makes a lot of sense. We have a pretty good skill position group and I do think the left side of the line is good. Between Munford and the draft, I'd like to have at least 3 OL who could play RG/RT

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

T’Vondre Sweat got busted for a DWI. 

Cant be this dumb 

Take him round later.  Kids make (REALLY STUPID) mistakes.  He will drop due to this, but you cannot teach that kind of size.  That would be his ONE chance especially in a party city like Vegas.  

51 minutes ago, Totty said:

Take him round later.  Kids make (REALLY STUPID) mistakes.  He will drop due to this, but you cannot teach that kind of size.  That would be his ONE chance especially in a party city like Vegas.  

I'm taking that guy in either the third or fourth round

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Love this. Would pretty much be my ideal 1, 2, 3 - both player and position wise. And the positions later on too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

T’Vondre Sweat got busted for a DWI. 

Cant be this dumb 

Well that takes him off my draft board.

Read in one of the scouting reports that he likes to party. Vegas is the wrong place for this kid. Will end up like the Ruggs incident.

• Like 1