2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ariz wants 3 first for #4 Lololol 

Small trade up and McCarthy looks more palatable to me for sure. Or a trade back into the first from the second and grab whomever of Nix or Penix is available You could trade up to #4 and still miss out on one of the consensus top 3 prospects anyway.

I’m an NFLN guy. Love Rich Eisen.

Like @Darbsk - being over the pond, it’s pretty late. I usually record the 1st round to watch the next day - as I’m at work and try and stay up on Friday for at least the 2nd round drinking and eating myself awake!

It really pisses me off that it’s on a Thursday. Absolutely daft for it not to be Fri, Sat, Sun. Makes no sense at all!

Edited by reddevil
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I’m an NFLN guy. Love Rich Eisen.

Like @Darbsk - being over the pond, it’s pretty late. I usually record the 1st round to watch the next day - as I’m at work and try and stay up on Friday for at least the 2nd round drinking and eating myself awake!

It really pisses me off that it’s on a Thursday. Absolutely daft for it not to be Fri, Sat, Sun. Makes no sense at all!

I miss the old 2 day format. That Sunday binging 4 rounds of coverage on lesser known players was a terrific. I'm not a fan of the pageantry of what the draft is now personally.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Quiet right now. Seems like years past, rumors were rampant with the Raiders.

Impossible for our insiders to have sources in the building when we have a new GM and staff every year. 

I don’t disagree with AZ wanting that many first rounders. They will be passing up maybe the best WR prospect that we seen in years. To drop to 11 or 13 and miss out on Nabers and Odunze as well. Have to make it worth it for them. 

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Really intrigued to land the top CB in the draft at 13. Would solidify a young talented secondary to go along with our nasty DL. 

I think it all depends on how they view Munford and Wagner. But defense would be complete with a top young CB. You could target OT in the 2nd and G in the 3rd, if we don't try to force QB.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I miss the old 2 day format. That Sunday binging 4 rounds of coverage on lesser known players was a terrific. I'm not a fan of the pageantry of what the draft is now personally.

Same. 

Now it's a GQ shoot for a couple of guys and after round 3, the analysis falls to pieces. 

I remember the 2 day format, even the round 7 guys, people at least discussed them if they had any info to discuss. Now, day 3 is background picks while they continue talking about day 1. 

• Like 1