2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man, Hondo is too much sometimes. He asked his NFL exec buds where would current day AOC rank in this years draft class and he said they think he's a top 10 talent, first rounder every single day. At worst the 2nd best QB on their board.

Lol.

I maintain that all beat writers are bad reporters, but the Raiders' beat is particularly incompetent.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man, Hondo is too much sometimes. He asked his NFL exec buds where would current day AOC rank in this years draft class and he said they think he's a top 10 talent, first rounder every single day. At worst the 2nd best QB on their board.

Lol.

He’s the biggest clown in sports journalism. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I maintain that all beat writers are bad reporters, but the Raiders' beat is particularly incompetent.

We do have some brutal ones. I loathe the Athletic duds in Vic and Reed, especially Reed. However I am forced to follow everyone for Raider "news".

It's too bad we lost Michael Gehlken because he was a good one for a while. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm still not enamored with Getsy, but we really don't know much about his true schematic preferences, imo. 

He had Rodgers, who loved deep shots and sort of ran on autopilot. 

The he had Fields, who can't actually play QB. 

Two total extremes, imo. If nothing else, It'll be interesting to see what, exactly, Getsy's offense is meant to look like. 

IIRC, his time in GB was, by Rodgers standards, fairly run heavy- though whether it was more Getsy of the HC is sorta unknown. I do think it's interesting that we have White and Mattison, sor t of a poor man's version of Jones and Dillon. And along with Adams, Meyers, Tucker, and  Mayer, it's arguably the best receiving corps he's had to work with. 

I'm not a fan yet, but I think it may just be a case of getting the Chicago stench off. It's definitely looking like a ball of fresh clay though. 

I also think if AOC can beat out Minshew he’s worth keeping as a starter.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

On 4/17/2024 at 9:48 PM, bucksavage1 said:

Every other day there’s a report that we are eyeing a certain QB. It has went to trade up for Daniels , Bo Nox , Penix, Rattler etc

At the end of the day, reporters can make up content and don’t have to be right about it. 

Seems like good work from the Front Office to me, nobody seems to know who were eyeing up and that’s better for us. Lot of smoke screens right now 🙂

• Like 4

Nix over Penix, hopefully we don’t reach for either at 13. Wouldn’t be surprised if 5 QBs are before our pick, which puts us in position to go BPA, RT or CB. Would really like solidifying either OL or secondary with a stud then trading up from 44 for a QB. 

• Like 6

Less than one week....  The logical moves are to stay put and take a CB or OT unless a QB we like slips to 10ish and me make a trade for a slight trade up.  Those are the only things that make sense based off of value.

I am still on board with moving Adams for a late 1st. There could be good value at the end of 1 for a WR.  We need to get younger and build for the future.  Adams does nothing for this team as we are not a contender with or without him.  

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Nix over Penix, hopefully we don’t reach for either at 13. Wouldn’t be surprised if 5 QBs are before our pick, which puts us in position to go BPA, RT or CB. Would really like solidifying either OL or secondary with a stud then trading up from 44 for a QB. 

I'm leaning OT just because I want our QB of 2024 to have a good OL.  I don't really know the depth at CB but hopefully we take OT in 1 and CB in 2.  That's what I'm hoping for.  Either that or for Jayden Daniels to fall to 13 because the "draft experts" got it all wrong and he's somehow unbelievably available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

I’m keen to build the defense as I think we are only a few pieces off atm. #1 CB, NT and a LB to partner Spillane. Deablo would be great depth.

However the gaps in the OL make it difficult to ignore, so I’m thinking we have to go OL in the 1st/2nd with QB. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Less than one week....  The logical moves are to stay put and take a CB or OT unless a QB we like slips to 10ish and me make a trade for a slight trade up.  Those are the only things that make sense based off of value.

I am still on board with moving Adams for a late 1st. There could be good value at the end of 1 for a WR.  We need to get younger and build for the future.  Adams does nothing for this team as we are not a contender with or without him.  

The Raiders have signaled that they are trying to compete in the next 2-3 seasons. They just signed a 28-year-old defensive tackle for a 4-year $100 million plus contract.

• Like 1