2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Any chance DeJean last until pick 32 for us? Not sure what his injury was to end his season. Will he be good to go at combine? 

Even with the leg injury, early projections keep listing him as just within the Top 20. I don't forsee him dropping any lower unless his recovery really does not go well leading up to the draft, to the point where he can't workout and display any measurables worth praising.

That said, it's possible to jump into that range to get him, provided you surrender a good number of picks to do so. Production at such a spot and at such a price may or may not be a concern- look at LVN for an example- though given the state of the secondary an every-down type of player would be preferred.

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

With the way Gute has been murdering drafts, I kind of hate to give up picks unless there is some value on his board that really stands out.

Funny because that's why I'm ok with it. If you are going to take that swing you better hit it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Packers draft strategy regarding DBs should be something where we should wait for FA to play out first.  There's a bunch of good safeties about to be on the market, some will get tagged but not all will.

Would be nice to find a way to sign AWJ but we definitely don't have the space to do that.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Would be nice to find a way to sign AWJ but we definitely don't have the space to do that.

It's almost certain he's going to get tagged, but GB can create like $50m in cap space with simple restructures.  So they have flexibility this year that they haven't in the last couple.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's almost certain he's going to get tagged, but GB can create like $50m in cap space with simple restructures.  So they have flexibility this year that they haven't in the last couple.

Yeah. There's a few interesting safety UFAs this year. Hopefully we pull one of them and draft another. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

I'm ok with keeping Savage depending on the price 

safety market has been really soft - CJ Gardner Johnson, a top FA signed a 1 year 6.5M deal and Savage shouldn't sniff that

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

When does S Kinchens go off the board.  I know someone here likes him a lot, but can't remember who.

I've seen anywhere from late second to mid third

10 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I've seen anywhere from late second to mid third

I'd do that in a heart beat .. free agency for one safety, draft Kinchens in 2nd with their 2nd pick and resign Savage at a reasonable cost.  Safety position done for years .. move onto other fish. 

I really like the idea of grabbing Troy Fautanu and plugging him in at RG for the next decade. Dude was so good at LT for UW. Really athletic, with great feet. Doesn't have great size at LT but can definitely play there. 

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Packers draft strategy regarding DBs should be something where we should wait for FA to play out first.  There's a bunch of good safeties about to be on the market, some will get tagged but not all will.

Also wait for a Joe Barry decision.