2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

42 minutes ago, persiandud said:

great at zone. would have been perfect in Barry's scheme actually lol 

I think he could be there at 25. he'd be a good fit as our slot corner 

.....or he could be our single high safety..........though I'm unsure where he would be most valuable, corner or single high.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I still think this guy has "Packers" written all over him.  I'm cool with a trade up for him.  I don't think he's going super high ..maybe late teens, early 20's.  

I think during the draft process he'll fall behind more traditional outside corners Mitchell, Wiggins and Arnold, and would be a dream to take at 25 if he's there. 

I don't trade up though because I'm sure he or Rakestraw will make it to 25. Either would be our starting slot corner day one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

.....or he could be our single high safety..........though I'm unsure where he would be most valuable, corner or single high.

i've heard that his best position could be as a safety. but i'm not sure i want to take a risk entrusting such a vital role in our defense to a rookie learning the position

we have to get a FA safety 

12 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I like him a lot as well, but I keep hearing there are some character concerns.  Not sure what it entails, but I've heard it multiple times now. 

8f9jxc.jpg

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I still think this guy has "Packers" written all over him.  I'm cool with a trade up for him.  I don't think he's going super high ..maybe late teens, early 20's.  

I like DeJean too, but I think he'll be moving up the board in the coming months. Not sure they'd go up for him but we'll see.  

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I like DeJean too, but I think he'll be moving up the board in the coming months. Not sure they'd go up for him but we'll see.  

With 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, if there ever was a good year to go up, this is it.

Are thirds still cursed? Heck how much would that move us up?

2 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Even if he isn’t, it will be his own fault if he doesn’t make it. Kraft removed the curse retroactively.  It’s just science. 

Lol!  :)

Guess I feel like RG is a position that we can easily upgrade in the draft.  Rhyan becomes the New-Man.

We shall see.

Thinking we should either use our thirds to move up, or we draft guys whose last names are cheese related.  Forget chugging beer, Tucker looked like an amateur there.

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

With 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, if there ever was a good year to go up, this is it.

We're going to need to use them to move up if we want him. I don’t see him making it past the late teens.  If he’s able to fully participate in the combine since his injury and crushes it, he might get selected earlier. 

Edited by thrILL!

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't think Rhyan is out of the woods just yet.....  

He isn't. I think the Packers gave him an opportunity to win the RG spot outright as the season progressed, and he didn't do it. Doesn't mean he can't but I suspect there will be a draft pick who could emerge as a serious contender. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

He isn't. I think the Packers gave him an opportunity to win the RG spot outright as the season progressed, and he didn't do it. Doesn't mean he can't but I suspect there will be a draft pick who could emerge as a serious contender. 

I like how the Packers played it at RG this season.  JRJ was very mediocre most of this season, so getting Rhyan reps made a lot of sense.  He wasn't much better than JRJ, maybe even worse.  So as you said, the Packers should be looking to upgrade over both of those guys.