2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Just now, wgbeethree said:

Looked explosive in the jumps then had a poor 10 split on his forty. 🤷‍♂️

I saw his jumps were good. I am a Notre Dame fan so I have seen Hart play a lot. I have always thought he would make a good safety. Maybe it's just his height that puts that in my mind. He seems to have good instincts and a nose for the ball. But as a cover guy he was overshadowed by Morrison. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm thinking the Packers pass up CB in round one.  Seems like the second and third round might be better bang for the buck.  

Been saying this

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Been saying this

Honestly at this point I'm struggling to find a position where I'm reasonably sure there will be value at 25...

Maybe a small handful of guys total and a few we probably will need to fall.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Honestly at this point I'm struggling to find a position where I'm reasonably sure there will be value at 25...

Maybe a small handful of guys total and a few we probably will need to fall.

There are always curveballs on draft day. Just let 'em happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Say you didn’t watch Alabama play without saying it….  

He played at an elite level for all 3 seasons.  His tape >>> the combine circus. 

He's not Ahmad Carroll by any means, but I DEFINITELY wouldn't say he's been elite all 3 seasons.  He's very grabby for a CB who physically should be every part of a FRP.  But he's very grabby.  I don't hate him by any means, but I don't think he's done anything to stand himself out as CB1 by any means.

Sainristil is such a baller man. He's going to be a very good player. I just don't think you'd see Gute look past the measurements though. Hope he doesn't end up elsewhere in the North. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Are RAS scores still worth paying attention to with so many players skipping agility drills?

Kinchens with a 2.11 RAS.  Ouch!!!!!

Like a half dozen CBs I thought were sneaky sooner than later starters are now, no longer sneaky. Jones, Abrams-Draine, Melton, Dial, Phillips, Jackson, Sainristil, Newton. 

I had 6 guys there I was thinking as 3rd rounders I now need to wonder if any of them make it to pick 88.

3 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Yeah but also sadly this class of safeties frigging stinks and we need at least one.

Gute is going the free agent route for a starter or two, but yeah, we will need to pick a winner out of this group of mediocrity for the future.