2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

27 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

One of my biggest take aways from years of youtube "scouting" is that an awful high percentage of players look really good in their highlights reels. 

but it's still an apples/apples comparison. well, it's a golden-covered apples to golden-covered apples comparison.

useful to suss out a guy's ceiling.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

but it's still an apples/apples comparison. well, it's a golden-covered apples to golden-covered apples comparison.

You can also still get a sense on if their timed athleticism matches their on field play speed.

Speaking of which, after seeing Xavier McKinney’s RAS, I think Kinchens is still a great prospect 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's also knowing what to look for and take away from in highlights, not just getting infatuated with them. Everyone looks good in highlights but not everyone's doing the same things. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone see/find any numbers yet on Nubin from his Pro Day yesterday? I believe he did the 40/Vert/Broad, etc. but can't find any results. 

I feel like after his poor vert they might be trying to keep the rest of the numbers hush hush 🥲

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone see/find any numbers yet on Nubin from his Pro Day yesterday? I believe he did the 40/Vert/Broad, etc. but can't find any results. 

There's a video of his workout on the previous page.

31.5" vert

10 even broad

10 reps bench

27 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

You can also still get a sense on if their timed athleticism matches their on field play speed.

Speaking of which, after seeing Xavier McKinney’s RAS, I think Kinchens is still a great prospect 

^^^ This. If a guy takes an extra second to diagnose a play, that faster .2 in the 40 means a lot less.

• Like 1

video of some of Nubin's proday is on the previous page of this thread, but it had no numbers posted
saw something that said his 40 was in the high 4.5 to low 4.6 range, but that is unverified as of yet

56 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

One of my biggest take aways from years of youtube "scouting" is that an awful high percentage of players look really good in their highlights reels. 

Have to watch actual game films.  Highlight films masks everything

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Definitely wouldn't say no.  Don't think it's an ideal fit if Hafley sticks with what he's been doing going back to tOSU. 

Just doesn't handle double teams well enough.  

Cant double team him, gary, wyatt and LVN. Someone gets a 1v and they need to win

A big point in watching highlights of defensive players is how much trash they went through to get to the ballcarrier.

So many of the highlights are guys not blocked at all and getting tackles and sacks.  Looks great but you have to take it with a grain of salt.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

One of his highlight reels, the first 3-4 plays are all short yardage runs up the gut. But the next dozen or two are more highlighty. 

I thought those runs up the gut are still good to see tho. Positive yardage when not much is blocked is still a win.

Yeah I'm not sure why whoever made that video would put those in there for a couple minutes in the beginning because it's very underwhelming for a highlight reel. 

Whoever put the Jaylen Wright vids together was awesome tho. Lots of going to the house right off the bat.