2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

One of my biggest take aways from years of youtube "scouting" is that an awful high percentage of players look really good in their highlights reels. 

Without subscribing to anything what else are we supposed to watch tho?

22 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Anyone who wouldn't do that trade should be sterilized immediately.

I dunno. For all the talk about "alpha" WRs I don't think they're essential to winning. There certainly Nice to have and fun to salivate over but you have to go back a bit to think of the last highly drafted field tilting wide receiver who won a super bowl

12 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Go to YouTube and type "[name of team the player you want to watch is on] offense vs [year you want to watch]" or "vs [name of team the player you want to watch is on] defense [year you want to watch]".  You can also type "[name of player you want to watch] vs".  Plenty of game film cut-ups out there that aren't highlights.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

I find myself drafting almost entirely defensive players in rd1 and rd2 on pff. 

Occasionally an otackle in r1

I had one yday where Troy Fautanu fell to us at 25.  They graded that pick as an A+.  

• Like 1

I'm just not sure that we can really understand what the Packers want from an RB, since the only RBs that they have put significant resources into acquiring since LaFleur became the coach were A.J. Dillon (a 2nd round picks) and Josh Jacobs (FA).  Everything else has just been UDFAs or day 3 picks.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I had one yday where Troy Fautanu fell to us at 25.  They graded that pick as an A+.  

That would be sweet. I have never lived in that simulation. 

56 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Generally speaking, search [Insert Player Name] vs.  It's not great, but it's better than highlight reels.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

That would be sweet. I have never lived in that simulation. 

I just tried another one:

1-25 CB Cooper DeJean (first time he fell to 25 and I’ve seen him go as high as 5th overall)

2-41 S Tyler Nubin (furthest I’ve seen him available)

2-58  RB Jaylen Wright

3-88  CB Max Melton

3-91 G Mason McCormick (South Dakota St)

Edgerrin Cooper was gone before 41 and Payton Wilson was gone before 58 (I selected Nubin just to see how the board would fall).

The highest rated LBs available at 91 were Marist Liufau (Notre Dame) and Tommy Eichenberg (Ohio St).  I don’t know much about either but from their analysis, neither seemed dynamic enough to go at 91.  I went with guard just to mix it up.

Cooper and Nubin were given an A+  Wright a C (taken too early perhaps but he was the best RB on the board).  Melton a B- and McCormick a C+   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

1-25 CB Cooper DeJean (first time he fell to 25 and I’ve seen him go as high as 5th overall)

2-58  RB Jaylen Wright

3-88  CB Max Melton

Edgerrin Cooper was gone before 41 and Payton Wilson was gone before 58 (I selected Nubin just to see how the board would fall).

The highest rated LBs available at 91 were Marist Liufau (Notre Dame) and Tommy Eichenberg (Ohio St).  I don’t know much about either but from their analysis, neither seemed dynamic enough to go at 91.  I went with guard just to mix it up.

Cooper and Nubin were given an A+  Wright a C (taken too early perhaps but he was the best RB on the board).  Melton a B- and McCormick a C+   

I had dejean fall to me today. First time in a while.

Nubin is almost always there at 41. Same with payton. Never seen him at 58. 

That group of guards in r3 is hard to ignore. Seems like the spot to get one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

2-58  RB Jaylen Wright

3-88  CB Max Melton

Now this is one I can get behind. Not thrilled with no OL until late 3rd, but I wouldn't complain about that haul at all. 

• Like 1