2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I’d prefer a vet. Also, Joe Milton could overthrow the Ayatollah is the wind was right.

he’s an easy pass for me.  

Love did the same thing when he first arrived here. Maybe Milton just needs a little seasoning. However, a 5-6 for him would be a yes for me.

5 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Love did the same thing when he first arrived here. Maybe Milton just needs a little seasoning. However, a 5-6 for him would be a yes for me.

Yeah, I'd agree with that too... but I think his combine elevated him above that level, hence the 3-4 rd talk, which in turn means you've got no choice but to stash him on the 53 to keep him.

I dunno, I'm largely just Jones-ing on the idea of becoming QB University once again. Like I said, I was bored.

3 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Yeah, I'd agree with that too... but I think his combine elevated him above that level, hence the 3-4 rd talk, which in turn means you've got no choice but to stash him on the 53 to keep him.

I dunno, I'm largely just Jones-ing on the idea of becoming QB University once again. Like I said, I was bored.

You just never know. We were surprised to see Love available where we got him too. I wouldn't invest anything 4th or above but once the 5th hits, I'd be all over that potential.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This isn't a bad year to take a luxury pick.  We do have 11 picks and IMO a pretty good roster already.  But any extra QB you keep also costs a Corey Ballentine or Malik Heath when making the roster.

For me, with so many picks, the luxury this year would be to take a guy 3-7 that might have an injury that we believe won't be long term but knocks him back a round or two. Having a PUP stash while we figure out a crowded 53 night not be the worst thing this year and hopefully allows us to get good value that we can bring in on our timeline. Positions like RB and LB can especially have their depth tested so I hope we at least have more of those positions on the PS to provide some insurance.

• Like 2

Just now, Refugee said:

For me, with so many picks, the luxury this year would be to take a guy 3-7 that might have an injury that we believe won't be long term but knocks him back a round or two. Having a PUP stash while we figure out a crowded 53 night not be the worst thing this year and hopefully allows us to get good value that we can bring in on our timeline. Positions like RB and LB can especially have their depth tested so I hope we at least have more of those positions on the PS to provide some insurance.

Can you think of the last player we drafted like this? A name escapes me.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Can you think of the last player we drafted like this? A name escapes me.

Not many.  Undrafted we did this with Patrick Taylor and I would argue that investment paid off greatly.  I don't think it's common practice but I also can't remember having this many draft picks even if many are later rounds.  It depends on how Gute and the gang feel about the depth but if you're a fringe player on the roster there should be a lot of competition this year.

7 minutes ago, Refugee said:

You mention taking a guy with an injury....

The minute we re-signed Dillon, I thought that Brooks (RB) became a bigger possibility for us.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

His brother Ful is a pivotal player. Plays w/ great leverage, too.

His brother Brad seems to be all over the field. It's likely the Ravens or the Cardinals pick him up rather quickly though. 

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 2

Good to see. At least puts him back on the radar, although if given the choice, I think the Packers would prefer Nubin. Could see Kinchens as a guy in play at 58 maybe. 

• Like 1