2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

41 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

I like Latu more, but Verse would be such a great pick too. 

Latu is the better technician but Verse is a straight bull. Plus let's be honest, Latu wouldn't last half a season with us before he retires from that neck injury.

Barton vs DeJean. Both sitting there at 25, who do you take?

If you don't take Barton what kind of RG are we getting later in the draft?

If we don't take DeJean what kind of Safety are we getting later in the draft?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If you were the Vikings, wouldn't you be pissed? They get a pass rusher with a bad neck and QB5?  I wouldn't be happy at all. 

I’ll be ecstatic lol. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I'd take Barton.  Outpost won't like that response but fortifying the O-line with a stud like him yah all about it.  He's also the safer pick IMO.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Latu is the better technician but Verse is a straight bull. Plus let's be honest, Latu wouldn't last half a season with us before he retires from that neck injury.

No kidding Packers and neck injuries don't mix.  

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

He was sixth on the depth chart, he will go into camp 6th on the depth chart. He wasn't a six round pick because he didn't put it on tape, in spite of his athletic prowess. 

Hope the kid develops into an absolute stud, but he's not starting material for many teams in the NFL going into TC. Sorry, that is an exaggeration. 

He's 5th and behind some really good WR's.  Look around the league and see what some of these teams are trotting out.  Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks, and Melton.  There is your depth chart.  Been watching enough football to recognize a good WR when I see one.  He'll make the 53 again this year on a team that is stacked.  Should tell you all you need to know.  Unless of course he gets traded which is also a possiblity. 

48 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Give me Barton followed by Edgerrin Cooper/Payton Wilson and Javon Bullard. 
Plenty of guess later on but I think Barton could play tackle for us too if needed. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I’ll be ecstatic lol. 

I mean, I am not shedding tears for anyone else.  I'm just looking at the Vikings draft capital, and that looks like a worst case scenario where they don't get the trade up that they wanted and then blow both first round picks to boot.  

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Good ones.

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

If we take either of them your question still applies because Barton will line up at OT in camp and DeJean at CB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

No kidding Packers and neck injuries don't mix.  

Plus we don't know whether Latu's neck issue is a "pass/fail" thing, where you're just weighing in on the risk that the guy would have a similar serious injury down the line, or if it's like a degenerative "you're only getting one contract out of the guy" sort of issue.

But either would prevent the Packers from taking him, really, since they're both one of the most medically conservative teams in the league and also because they prefer to resign their own good players.

7 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

DeJean at 25 and Amegadjie at 58.

or - Barton at 25. Then Bullard at 41 or 58, or move up a few spots from 88 (like 10 spots) and take whichever prospect you like best (and is still there) from Hicks, Bishop, Bullock.

I'd be good with either of those scenarios.

To take it further, if I got Bullard at 58, then hopefully we got ILB Cooper at 41. Equally, if we got our safety after moving up from 88, then I'd be taking Colson at 58. Either way we would have filled three needs at OL, ILB, CB/S.

If you chose to get DeJean at 25, and Amegadjie at 58, you could look at Van Pran or Zinter as your IOL at 91.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If we take either of them your question still applies because Barton will line up at OT in camp and DeJean at CB.

Personally I'm not in favour of taking a first round pick to be a depth guy at Tackle or Corner as I got my starters locked in. 

3 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

DeJean at 25 and Amegadjie at 58.

or - Barton at 25. Then Bullard at 41 or 58, or move up a few spots from 88 (like 10 spots) and take whichever prospect you like best (and is still there) from Hicks, Bishop, Bullock.

I'd be good with either of those scenarios.

I agree with that. Do you have a slight preference for either one?