2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

NO shutting down TB   wonder what that is like 

It's crazy .. bucs getting shutout, Carolina getting shutout .. Giants with 10 points.   We are so friggin inept on the defensive side of the ball.  I just have this feeling we ain't winning again this year.  Vikes game is a wildcard with a rookie QB, but I total expect him the Vikes to thrash us.  Bears are no pushover now either .. they are much improved.  I just don't trust that Barry and our defense can hold either team down. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 11:11 AM, {Family Ghost} said:

DeJean seems like a strong option for the Packers.  He'd start at safety from day one, or might actually be a perfect "star" nickel corner if we continue with that sort of thing.  He screams Packers draft pick to me.

I wouldn't be shocked if he is the pick.  I'd take him in the teens but not earlier.  Exceptional athlete.  You can move him around.  I'll be interested in his combine numbers.  Agree, he's a good fit.  Great high school hoops player.

16 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I wouldn't be shocked if he is the pick.  I'd take him in the teens but not earlier.  Exceptional athlete.  You can move him around.  I'll be interested in his combine numbers.  Agree, he's a good fit.  Great high school hoops player.

He is a really good athlete, and a high IQ football player. We need a few of those guys in this draft. He also fits a major need.  

16 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Did Iowa ever expound on what exactly his “lower leg injury” was?  They were so vague about it at the time when teams are usually transparent about injuries.  Curious to see if he’ll be ready to participate in the combine.  

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Did Iowa ever expound on what exactly his “lower leg injury” was?  They were so vague about it at the time when teams are usually transparent about injuries.  Curious to see if he’ll be ready to participate in the combine.  

Seems it was a broken fibula.  

• Like 1

Here is one that I just did that fell pretty nicely for the Packers I thought. Just 5 rounds.

12.  Taliese Fuaga  OT Oregon State

40.  Quinyon Mitchell  CB Toledo

43.  Xavier Legette  WR South Carolina

74.  Edgerrin Cooper  LB Texas A&M

88.  Audric Estime  RB Notre Dame

111.  Zak Zinter  OG Michigan

Edited by Tperk
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tperk said:

Here is one that I just did that fell pretty nicely for the Packers I thought. Just 5 rounds.

Packers need safeties bad .. real bad.  If they get one good one in free agency ok but if not, they need safety help big time.

7 hours ago, Tperk said:

From what I've seen so far, big no thanks to Fuaga.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Packers need safeties bad .. real bad.  If they get one good one in free agency ok but if not, they need safety help big time.

I probably roll with savage and ajj another year unless someone falls

If I were looking for a quarterback in this draft to do the Packer thing, it's JJ McCarthy. He's smart, good athlete and a good arm. He needs time though. Put him in too early, you ruin him like so many others. 

I would have chosen Jayden Daniels, but he's going to go so high in the draft the GM choosing him is going to be forced to play him early. 

12 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

From what I've seen so far, big no thanks to Fuaga.

I'm not a draft guru, nor do I watch a ton of film, but he seems to me like one of the OTs that I would be willing to reach a little bit for in round 1.

11 minutes ago, Tperk said:

I'm not a draft guru, nor do I watch a ton of film, but he seems to me like one of the OTs that I would be willing to reach a little bit for in round 1.

Why?

EDIT 1:  Not saying you're wrong, btw, just genuinely curious.  I'm pretty early in my scouting but the first game I watched I came away a bit underwhelmed.

EDIT 2: I'm now about halfway through the UCLA game and he looks a lot better than the first game I watched, which I believe was Oregon, so I'll have to go back and rewatch that one.

Edited by MaximusGluteus