Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

I have been the one saying all off-season how exciting it is going to be to see LaFleur’s offense.

And I know not a lot of people will believe it, but Degaura doesn’t bust if he was drafted around the same time as Love.

Guaranteed neither Musgrave nor Kraft have above 25 targets or near 11 receptions this year if we still had Rodgers.

Rodgers sabotaged McCarthy to get McCarthy fired and he sabotaged LaFleur to get out of GB.

Deguara also had the major injury. He had some nice blocks in his rookie year iirc. People were hoping he would develop into a kyle J type hback (im not even gonna try and spell that guys name) 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not sure GB views Deguara as a bust, either.

I remember MLF being very excited to have drafted Deguara.

And since he doesn't catch passes and isn't a "real" tight end, as a fan, I label him a bust.

But as an H-back, I think he's pretty much what MLF wants for this offense.

I've seen him do some pretty outstanding run blocking work in the past few games.  Typically I'm watching the OL and digging it when Jenkins is moving into a hole, but typically it is Deguara who flies in with a great seal block.

I don't know.  Long way of me saying that while I perceive Deguara to be a bust, he's probably more useful as an H-back than I give him credit for.

Respectfully disagree. MLF wanted a guy like SF has and he’s nowhere close to that.

20 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. he's been a bust.  He barely plays and when he does he's still not showing anything to merit the draft pick.

Still being in the league taking snaps pretty much eliminates him as a "bust"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Still being in the league taking snaps pretty much eliminates him as a "bust"

A bust is Tavon Austin or EJ Manuel. A 3rd round pick being a serviceable player isn't a bust. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Old Outhouse thinks he's on an island but the island he's really on is Manhattan lmao.

Please. You were also one of the first to get on the anti-Rodgers bandwagon, but don't act like I wasn't on an island alone railing against Rodgers every chance I got for five straight years here. It was me, incog, Norm, you and maybe three other people until the last few games of last season.

I was doing this when Rodgers was winning MVP awards only to blow it in postseason games and if you're honestly going to sit there and act like I was in the majority here when the entirety of this board said I was an idiot for suggesting we keep McCarthy and trade Rodgers, your hatred towards me has blinded you.

I'm a lot of negative things, but I'm not one who doesn't give credit where it's due, and I'm certainly no damn liar.

I just neglect to bring up all the things I was wrong about.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 3

Thank you @vegas492. Now i dont have to pick up the mantle to defend Deguara again. I had had something typed up awhile back but decided it wasnt really worth it lol.

Disappointing for a 3rd, maybe. Useful rookie contract? for sure.

Herman might block you for suggesting not all draft picks have to be Pro Bowlers to be successful picks though.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Respectfully disagree. MLF wanted a guy like SF has and he’s nowhere close to that.

He's not arguably the best H-Back of the last 20 years? Well **** me, then he must be a bust.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He sucks, guys.  He's only around because he was a 3rd round pick.  He's probably gone this offseason.

He's serviceable. He does the job he's asked. Not every pick is a superstar. Him not being on the roster next year (a year after we have 5 more top 100 picks) neither validates or invalidates your opinion.

Edited by beekay414

23 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He sucks, guys.  He's only around because he was a 3rd round pick.  He's probably gone this offseason.

I expect there were a dozen people on this board saying the same thing a year ago.  Hang in there, one of these years it will happen.