Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

On 6/22/2023 at 2:44 PM, Norm said:

lol. Imagine being one of the people still defending this weirdo

For goodness sake .. what is wrong with this forum.

Rodgers was a fantastic QB for us for 20 years - we won a title and constantly challenging. He left in a largely classy manner full of compliment to the team, team and the fans. By all accounts he has been a good mentor to Love. And we got picks back which could end being higher than the pick we used on him. Yes he is happy with a fresh start in NY. Most people in life will enjoy themselves in that scenario.

Still the point scoring continues, the jibes. 

Can we not try and be Packers fans. This is probably going to end up Love v Rodgers isn't it. Every completion down the middle, the anti Rodgers gang will be gloating about, every interception will be cheered by the Rodgers fanboys).

It shouldn't be. We are supposed to be supporting same team. Rodgers was one of our best players and should be remembered as such without the petty point scoring. Its an exciting young team with an exciting young QB that everyone should be behind.

I'm 100% behind the new team and it was absolutely the right time to move on for everyone. But not going to be burning my Rodgers jersey because the toxic element of the fanbase is still bearing some sort of grudge.  Other teams must find it hilarious when we mention 'Packer People'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Why do so many people say he carried this team? He REALLY didn't.

He played 9 games in 2013 regular season. We still made the playoffs with him missing 7 games, and he had a terrible game in the postseason. The roster was still very talented. Matt Flynn had that epic Falcons comeback game.

2011 he didn't carry. Possibly a top 50 skill position roster all time.
2012 he carried.
2013 did not carry.
2014 was a very strong roster.
2015 he carried.
2016 the team underperformed, Rodgers included.
2017  he missed most of. Packers won 3/7 games without him, and then he played terribly when he came back for one game.
2018 he literally got McCarthy fired. Threw 2 interceptions, and to people saying that was good... Lol. He literally threw games away protecting his statistics. He did not come close to carrying that team.
2019 he wasn't even the MVP. Aaron Jones was.

Is this an American thing, I honestly don't know.  Can anyone else think of any superstar players where half of their own fanbase tries to belittle and under-play the achievements of one of their all-time best players. And actually makes a concerted effort to provide details on why they weren't as good as claimed.

Maybe this is what being 'Packer People' is all about. 

All a bit weird.  Kind of like being a homer in reverse but about seven gears of reverse. 

I honestly thought that when we traded him all this kind of crap would end. Obviously not.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Is this an American thing, I honestly don't know.  Can anyone else think of any superstar players where half of their own fanbase tries to belittle and under-play the achievements of one of their all-time best players. And actually makes a concerted effort to provide details on why they weren't as good as claimed.

All a bit weird.  Kind of like being a homer in reverse but about seven gears of reverse. 

I honestly thought that when we traded him all this kind of crap would end. Obviously not.  

Tell me how he carried the team.

He’s been paid every nickel he’s worth. The salary cap exists. If he was paid less, our rosters were inexcusable. He was paid at or above his value every single year since 2011, so tell me how he has carried the team.

Otherwise, you have no high horse to be on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemike778 said:

It might be an American thing. Or it might just be an Internet thing. I dunno, I can't speak for other fanbases, since, y'know, I'm not a part of them. All I know is Internet Forums by definition are malcontent, so, to borrow an old saying, "wish in one hand and [BLEEP] in the other and see which one gets filled first."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Rodgers was a fantastic QB for us for 20 years - we won a title and constantly challenging. He left in a largely classy manner full of compliment to the team, team and the fans. By all accounts he has been a good mentor to Love. And we got picks back which could end being higher than the pick we used on him. Yes he is happy with a fresh start in NY. Most people in life will enjoy themselves in that scenario.

Can we not try and be Packers fans. This is probably going to end up Love v Rodgers isn't it. Every completion down the middle, the anti Rodgers gang will be gloating about, every interception will be cheered by the Rodgers fanboys).

It shouldn't be. We are supposed to be supporting same team. Rodgers was one of our best players and should be remembered as such without the petty point scoring. Its an exciting young team with an exciting young QB that everyone should be behind.

I'm 100% behind the new team and it was absolutely the right time to move on for everyone. But not going to be burning my Rodgers jersey because the toxic element of the fanbase is still bearing some sort of grudge.  Other teams must find it hilarious when we mention 'Packer People'. 

Tldr

**** Aaron Rodgers 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Hmm… I also thought this crap would end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

When was Darren Sharper one of the hardest hitting safeties in the league?

Most underrated ball hawk of my lifetime.

Too bad he couldn’t tackle and is also a terrible person or he would have been a first ballot HOFer.

On 6/25/2023 at 7:39 AM, mikemike778 said:

Remember, I'm neither pro nor anti Rodgers....

But.....yeah he was a great QB for 20 years.  But his own reluctance to take calculated risks ended up costing us big time.

He got Mac fired, and he played sub par for him for the better part of 3-5 seasons while being in his prime.  IMHO.

It was him who decided to skip OTA's and put us behind the 8 ball.

It was him who would take 4'th down sacks. 

It was him who missed easy reads for huge plays at the end of huge games.

It was him who took record setting contract after record setting contract that may have cost us players.

It was him who publicly took on the front office.  I'm not sure that another MVP quarterback has ever done that, publicly.  

I mean, if you want to find reasons to not love Rodgers?  There are plenty.  Also?  Plenty of reasons to love him.  Plenty.  As stated...he's a complicated fella.

In 2008 a bunch of fans hated Fav're, 5 years later they loved watching Bart Starr welcome him in to the HOF, I expect it'll be the same with Rodgers, Bert will come back and welcome Rodgers in, and most fans will applaud.

to me if ya take Rodgers out of the equation we would have one less Lombardi and maybe half the Division wins.

He didn't get McCarthy fired, Ted Thompson took care of that, Rodgers simply pointed out the problems, and Gute drafted 3 mid round receivers, problem is they where so raw or hurt they didn't help, neither did all the UDFA receivers he brought in.

Lafleur was a long over do change anyway, he designed schemes that didn't require top of the line receivers as long as one was very good as Adams obviously was, and he unleased a better running attack which created better offensive balance, if we could have gotten the defense off the field more we would have seen more production.

Either way Rodgers is now gone, no reason to beat a already dead horse, but some fans always will.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Remember, I'm neither pro nor anti Rodgers....

But.....yeah he was a great QB for 20 years.  But his own reluctance to take calculated risks ended up costing us big time.

He got Mac fired, and he played sub par for him for the better part of 3-5 seasons while being in his prime.  IMHO.

It was him who decided to skip OTA's and put us behind the 8 ball.

It was him who would take 4'th down sacks. 

It was him who missed easy reads for huge plays at the end of huge games.

It was him who took record setting contract after record setting contract that may have cost us players.

It was him who publicly took on the front office.  I'm not sure that another MVP quarterback has ever done that, publicly.  

I mean, if you want to find reasons to not love Rodgers?  There are plenty.  Also?  Plenty of reasons to love him.  Plenty.  As stated...he's a complicated fella.

I'am thankful he embarrassed the FO, we needed a whole house cleaning from Thompson, McCarthy and Capers, and Slowack, Donetel, heck 10 years of ST's cords, without Rodgers actions in late 2017 and 18 who knows how long Murphy would have twiddled his thumbs, change was long over do.

27 minutes ago, turf toe said:

Either way Rodgers is now gone, no reason to beat a already dead horse, but some fans always will.

something, something... pot calls kettle black... something, something

• Like 1