2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

On 5/25/2023 at 1:21 PM, vegas492 said:

Point of contention....

Hyde and Heyward were not studs while here.  They became studs somewhere else.

Linsley was a stud here and stud elsewhere.

Two different situations.

Hayward was good in GB, just hurt too much. His hammies magically got better or something. 

Hyde was also good, just under appreciated. He seems like the one TT let get away as he got better after he left and in his prime. TTs track record with letting guys walk was otherwise pretty great.

(I always regretted our letting Hunter Hillenmeyer go. What I can’t remember about the situation is who at the bottom of our ILB depth chart was perceived to be better or more useful. BRB I’ll look it up.)

Okay. I get it now. How can you cut names like Na’il, Abdul Hodges, TJ Slaughter and Hannibal Navies? They sound like character names from a pseudo-serious military television show. Good call, Ted! 

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The few pictures where you see Zach Tom, he looks thicker from the waist down. That's a good thing. 

It's interesting seeing new bodies in old numbers: 18, 13........
I dont even know who they are at this stage.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 12:16 PM, Chili said:

Is having a player move positions considered a kiss of death to their chances of making the roster?

Not necessarily.  Wen you get to the bottom of the depth chart, versatility wins out.  If you've got an OL that can play 4 of the 5 OL positions, and you've got one that can only play 1 position, the guy with the versatility is likely going to make the roster.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

It's interesting seeing new bodies in old numbers: 18, 13........
I dont even know who they are at this stage.

Every year when I go to training camp, and subsequently watch preseason, I keep a 90 man roster by number printed out. That truly is a ridiculous number of athletes which makes NFL football both  absurd and wonderful. 

Where is the Love?

I had a dream last night and a crazy GB football game was playing in my dream. A few things were off. NGL the football was replaced mid game with a baby. Like an infant child. Some football moves where made like they would carefully hand off the baby but then run with it before getting tackled. Then hike the baby the next down, all very carefully. That's when I  started questioning if I was dreaming during sleep. I asked "referee" in the dream what down it was and the response was a math question. There were no more four downs it was some sort of percentage. You had to calculate how far down the field measured in yards, then divide by time of possession and there was another factor I forgot. The ref said it was the "15th down and 26 yards to go for the first". and that's when I knew I was dreaming. I must have had 'babies' on the brain. I should have texted it when I woke up. I can't remember all of it. There was another implausible factor that escapes my memory. 

• Like 1

Oh and when I woke up today youtube was playing  highlights of the Packers. One video was the AR12 throws but it wasn't jsut the  huge throws it was tricky catches and tricky throws. It did have the Cook sideline throw and in the middle it had the walk off hail Mary from Rodgers to Rodgers Lion's game. but it didn't fast cut away. Usually the video showed the throw and catch then super cut during the announcer's talking to the next throw and catch clip. After the catch and the time ran out it stayed on the players and fans and coaches. It would show Mike McCarthy laughing and then the Lion's coach looking shocked in disbelief. Then GB fans rocking in the stands then pan to the Lion's fans statue like with shock. Same with players like how they are on the field after the game with the cameras. iIt was GB celebrating and Liions in a state of shock. I forgot about that. It was funny to see. but then the video when t on to show more fast cuts of throws and catches.

Edited by svp
I think the video had searchable terms "thread the needle"