2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You sure you didn't type "erotic things?"

People make that mistake all the time. Every time I drive by a gentlemen's club, the sign says exotic dancers inside. What they really mean is erotic dancers inside. But how would I know?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

People make that mistake all the time. Every time I drive by a gentlemen's club, the sign says exotic dancers inside. What they really mean is erotic dancers inside. But how would I know?

Story time.  We were visiting my grandma's house in Mascouta Illinois, about 20 or so minutes North and East of St Louis.  We were crashing the night at my Uncle's house in St Charles, Missouri, which is just West of St Louis, and about 35 or 40 minutes away if the highways are clear.  Now East Saint Louis is known for crime and strip clubs.  I use the restroom before I leave.  We get in the car to go to my uncle's house, and maybe 3 minutes down the road, I have to pee.  I inform my parents that I need to pee.  I get the whole "didn't you go before we left?" spiel from them.  Mind you, I was 24 years old, we just took the same car because my dad and I had gone to the Sun Bowl in El Paso and just came from the airport.  I am explaining to them that I really have to go, and of course, it doesn't bother them, so they don't stop.  Until my mom sees this huge pink mansion with spotlights around it.  She says, "oh you can stop there."  My dad immediately says, "ok." and I agree.  My mom asks why he agreed to stop there, because she was just messing with me thinking I wouldn't go into a pink building or something, and dad wasn't going to stop to teach me a lesson or something, but he says, "because that is the Hustler Club."  So then mom gets all mad, and we can't stop there.  

Finally I get them to stop at a gas station about half way there.   Bunch of jerks my parents.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, craig said:
  1. “We got a lot of competition on the right side, whether it’s right guard, right tackle or even center,”  regarding Tom.  
  2. My thought:  Given MLF's "best 5" philosophy, Tom's got a shot to try to convince MLF he's better than whoever our worst default starter is.  Steno's reference to right side, RG and RT, suggests the obvious perspective that Runyan and Nijman are our most vulnerable starters.  But "even center" add-on suggests Myers probably isn't viewed as our worst starter, but you can't know for sure.  
  3. Or, of course, we're always one injury away from "best 5" change.  

This mirrors exactly how I view our OL situation. Bakh and Jenkins are cemented in on the left and Zach Tom will win one of the other 3 spots.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Googled "exotic things"....was not disappointed.

Exotic things

Over here waiting for you to realize that search results are highly individualized, selected by powerful AI based on years of collecting millions of data points. 

Now we know the depths of your soul. A picture today is worth at least 2,000 words.

58 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Over here waiting for you to realize that search results are highly individualized, selected by powerful AI based on years of collecting millions of data points. 

Now we know the depths of your soul. A picture today is worth at least 2,000 words.

This is why I don’t complain to this crowd about some of the horrible ads I deal with here. Even I don’t like or want it or am fully disgusted by the ads, at some level I must take ownership of the algorithm. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

This is why I don’t complain to this crowd about some of the horrible ads I deal with here. Even I don’t like or want it or am fully disgusted by the ads, at some level I must take ownership of the algorithm. 

It knows me better than I know myself 

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Story time.  We were visiting my grandma's house in Mascouta Illinois, about 20 or so minutes North and East of St Louis.  We were crashing the night at my Uncle's house in St Charles, Missouri, which is just West of St Louis, and about 35 or 40 minutes away if the highways are clear.  Now East Saint Louis is known for crime and strip clubs.  I use the restroom before I leave.  We get in the car to go to my uncle's house, and maybe 3 minutes down the road, I have to pee.  I inform my parents that I need to pee.  I get the whole "didn't you go before we left?" spiel from them.  Mind you, I was 24 years old, we just took the same car because my dad and I had gone to the Sun Bowl in El Paso and just came from the airport.  I am explaining to them that I really have to go, and of course, it doesn't bother them, so they don't stop.  Until my mom sees this huge pink mansion with spotlights around it.  She says, "oh you can stop there."  My dad immediately says, "ok." and I agree.  My mom asks why he agreed to stop there, because she was just messing with me thinking I wouldn't go into a pink building or something, and dad wasn't going to stop to teach me a lesson or something, but he says, "because that is the Hustler Club."  So then mom gets all mad, and we can't stop there.  

Finally I get them to stop at a gas station about half way there.   Bunch of jerks my parents.

Sounds like you need a pecan. 

• Like 1

I hope they take a look a Myers at Guard, he has the body type.

Think that's a better position for him. He could a Guard/emergency center. Move Tom to center and leave him there.

Tom could be an elite center and make us all forget about missing out on Humphrey. Think the best 5 would be 

Bak > Jenkins > Tom > Myers > Nijman. 

Witn excellent depth behind those 5. Our OL deph is shaping up to be Philly elite. I'm very excited to see our OL play this TC.

Edited by St Vince

On 5/18/2023 at 10:45 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

am pretty excited to see an OL with Caleb Jones, Kadeem Telfort, and Luke Tenuta just getting huge and beating people up.  And maybe add Rasheed Walker to the mix to

Yes! They should bring back the old Mike Sherman Hippo short yardage package with that group. We have some big boys on the OL.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I hope they take a look a Meyers at Guard, he has the body type.

Think that's a better position for him. He could a Guard/emergency center. Move Tom to center and leave him there.

Tom could be an elite center and make us all forget about missing out on Humphrey. Think the best 5 would be 

Bak > Jenkins > Tom > Meyers > Nijman. 

Witn excellent depth behind those 5. Our OL deph is shaping up to be Philly elite. I'm very excited to see our OL play this TC.

The Humphrey thing is a you problem, barring injury Myers is going to be the center for GB this season and probably for many seasons after this one. 

22 minutes ago, R T said:

The Humphrey thing is a you problem, barring injury Myers is going to be the center for GB this season and probably for many seasons after this one. 

Myers better have a phenomenal turnaround if thats going to happen. He was graded the 26th best center last season. Behind Lucas Patrick.

This hurts

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-center-rankings-and-tiers-2022

23 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Googled "exotic things"....was not disappointed.

Exotic things

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Confirmed! Here is what I got when I googled 'exotic things!' No dolphins humping anything in my search. 

11 of the most exotic places to travel in the world | Rough Guides