2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

I have purposefully tried ignoring anything and everything football related since the end of the draft.

The more you pay attention to this time of year, the longer the offseason lasts.

It's felt like three weeks since the end of the draft to me.

So... Catch me up.

In spite of my attempts to remain ignorant, I've heard whispers of the next Donald Driver and also whispers of the next Sam Shields/Tramon Williams. I've heard Rasul Douglas himself has said he's the new starting safety for the Packers. I've heard a lot of hype around Christian Watson and Jordan Love.

I've heard absolutely nothing regarding Van Ness. Don't know if that's good or bad.

I've heard Luke Musgrave is a Waller/Kelce love child.

What have I missed?

14 hours ago, Green19 said:

But if you project those stats across a full season… you get like 45TDs -7 INTs soooo at least there is that

There would be more INT than 7. You would get around 19

Edited by Eternal

53 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I have purposefully tried ignoring anything and everything football related since the end of the draft.

The more you pay attention to this time of year, the longer the offseason lasts.

It's felt like three weeks since the end of the draft to me.

So... Catch me up.

In spite of my attempts to remain ignorant, I've heard whispers of the next Donald Driver and also whispers of the next Sam Shields/Tramon Williams. I've heard Rasul Douglas himself has said he's the new starting safety for the Packers. I've heard a lot of hype around Christian Watson and Jordan Love.

I've heard absolutely nothing regarding Van Ness. Don't know if that's good or bad.

I've heard Luke Musgrave is a Waller/Kelce love child.

What have I missed?

Musgrave wishes his blocking was as good as either of those two

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

Musgrave wishes his blocking was as good as either of those two

I have been pleasantly surprised by Musgrave's blocking.  I was expecting rookie J-Mike or Jimmy Graham level blocking.  But he is in there mixing it up, and winning his fair share.  I am more disappointed with Kraft so far, I thought that he would be a force in the blocking department, and he really hasn't been.

To the original post:

Christian Watson is your favorite player.  And if he isn't, you need to think again, and do it right this time.

Donald Driver comp? Samori Toure? That sets some lofty goals, but he has shown that he is capable when given any opportunity.

LVN has been pretty quiet.  I wouldn't say he has been bad.  He looks a lot bigger and slower than I anticipated.  More of a Datone Jones, Mike Neal, or Nick Perry, than say Rashan Gary.  Still pretty early, but that is what I have seen so far.  

Carrington Valentine has shown out at CB.  He has been getting starter reps because Jaire doesn't really need them.  Also, SJC and William Hooper had good games at CB against the Bengals.  Safety is anyone's guess, but Rasul is a starting outside CB for us, he won't be a safety.  Keisean Nixon was on fire against the Bengals in the series that he played in.  

And you have Jordan Love. He looks like a QB making his first starts.  Mostly good with a couple of throws that are really bad, that probably get eliminated with more experience against live competition.  He didn't turn the ball over against the Bengals, which is a big positive in my book.  Ball security is my only real concern about Love.  So far, so good. 

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I have been pleasantly surprised by Musgrave's blocking.  I was expecting rookie J-Mike or Jimmy Graham level blocking.  But he is in there mixing it up, and winning his fair share.  I am more disappointed with Kraft so far, I thought that he would be a force in the blocking department, and he really hasn't been.

To the original post:

Christian Watson is your favorite player.  And if he isn't, you need to think again, and do it right this time.

Donald Driver comp? Samori Toure? That sets some lofty goals, but he has shown that he is capable when given any opportunity.

LVN has been pretty quiet.  I wouldn't say he has been bad.  He looks a lot bigger and slower than I anticipated.  More of a Datone Jones, Mike Neal, or Nick Perry, than say Rashan Gary.  Still pretty early, but that is what I have seen so far.  

Carrington Valentine has shown out at CB.  He has been getting starter reps because Jaire doesn't really need them.  Also, SJC and William Hooper had good games at CB against the Bengals.  Safety is anyone's guess, but Rasul is a starting outside CB for us, he won't be a safety.  Keisean Nixon was on fire against the Bengals in the series that he played in.  

And you have Jordan Love. He looks like a QB making his first starts.  Mostly good with a couple of throws that are really bad, that probably get eliminated with more experience against live competition.  He didn't turn the ball over against the Bengals, which is a big positive in my book.  Ball security is my only real concern about Love.  So far, so good. 

There is no world nor afterworld nor parallel world in which a receiver will ever be my favorite player.

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I have been pleasantly surprised by Musgrave's blocking.  I was expecting rookie J-Mike or Jimmy Graham level blocking.  But he is in there mixing it up, and winning his fair share. 

Oregon St is a run-heavy offense so I think some ppl underestimated the foundation that he already has to block. He missed so much of last season that we didn’t see as much of it which honestly worked out for us since his draft stock would’ve been much higher had he played the entire season.