BDL 2017 Week 13: Singapore Sentinels @ Oklahoma City Rogues

MD4L

Who Wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Oklahoma City Rogues

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/2017 at 03:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 13: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Singapore Sentinels

QB: Ben Roethlisberger 
RB1:  LeVeon Bell 
WR1: Keenan Allen
WR2: Mohamed Sanu
WR3: Larry Fitzgerald 
TE1: Jesse James
LT: Lane Taylor
LG: Andy Levitre
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Josh Kline
RT: Chris Hubbard
--------------------
OL6: Cameron Fleming
RB2: Kareem Hunt
RB3: Elijah McGuire
RB4: James Conner
WR5: Zay Jones
WR6: Corey Davis 
WR7: Phillip Dorsett
TE2: Ricky Seals-Jones

RDE: Everson Griffen
DT: Aaron Donald
NT: Linval Joseph
LDE: Danielle Hunter 
MLB: Deion Jones
WLB: Shaq Thompson
CB: Trae Waynes 
CB: Jalen Mills
SCB: Desmond King
FS: Duron Harmon
SS: John Johnson III 
--------------------
DE3: Matthew Judon
DE4: Taco Charlton
DT2: Johnathan Hankins
CB4: Quandre Diggs
CB5: Mackenzie Alexander
LB3: Jaylon Smith
S3: Sean Davis  
S4: Marcus Maye

Oklahoma City Rogues

QB: Cam Newton

RB: Joe Mixon

WR: Adam Thielen

WR: Jeremy Maclin

WR: Mike Wallace

TE: Jared Cook

LT: David Bakhtiari

LG: Wes Schweitzer

C: TJ Lang

RG: Le'Raven Clark

RT: Daryl Williams

RB: Alex Collins

RB: Latavius Murray

FB: James Develin

WR: Laquon Treadwell

WR: Taywan Taylor

TE: Clive Walford

OL: Ereck Flowers

OL: Spencer Drango

ROLB: Ryan Kerrigan

DT: Cameron Heyward

DT: Eddie Goldman

LOLB: Von Miller

ILB: Eric Kendricks

LB/S: Adrian Amos

CB: Patrick Peterson

CB: Morris Claiborne

CB: Trevor Williams

FS: Jordan Poyer

SS: Andre Hal

OLB: Kony Ealy

DL: Star Lotulelei

DL: Tyeler Davison

LB: Kendell Beckwith

LB: Darron Lee

CB: Brent Grimes

CB: Shaq Griffin

S: Reggie nelson

SINGAPORE Week 13

Motivation

We need to continue to win in order to keep our playoff hopes alive. 

Offense (3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE)

3 Wide Single Back w/extra Blocker - OKC has the best Corner in the league and we expect him to match up on Allen. Our passing game this week will again focus on short passes to Sanu and Fitzgerald. Using a quick read, short passing offense will keep Ben’s completion percentage high and allow us to move the chains against the Rogues defense. Jesse James will help as an extra blocker against Von Miller.

Davis, Dorsett and Jones will continue to get reps and some experience for the future. This week we added a receiving TE threat in Seals-Jones. He’ll come in as a 2nd TE in Red Zone situations.

Offensive Front - My much maligned OL can get the job done by running away from Miller’s side. Bell will take the lion's share of the carries this week as he is peaking at the right time of the year. We should be able to sustain drives and control the clock long enough to get our shots in. Hunt has met the rookie wall so his usage will be scaled back some to help keep him rested for the Playoffs. McGuire will receive a few carries this week to give Bell a rest.

TL:DR -Throw away from Peterson, Control the clock, tire out the defense. Break some big runs.

Defense (4-2-5)

Nickel Base w/ High Safety - We’ll respect Thielen with a double this week. Waynes will press him at the line and Harmon will have Cover-1 over the top. Mills will cover Maclin, leaving King on Taylor for some rookie on rookie action. Jared Cook will be covered by Shaq Thompson with Deion Jones spying on Joe Mixon/Alex Green out of they backfield. JJ3 will look for designed runs by Cam Newton and fill the gaps to help limit big plays from Mixon, Whicker’s home town boy. 

Road Warriors - This is our 4th Road game in a row. Looking to even things up with a 2-2 split. The only tanking we’re doing is the Sherman kind. We’re hoping our DL rolls over the OKC OL and carries us forward in the playoffs. Griffen continues his sack party in the backfield over Bakhtiari, Hunter is peaking again and should have a good fight against Moses. Donald and Joseph will feast on the patchwork interior and the focus this week will be hitting Cam again and again. He will know pain this week.

TL:DR - Hit Cam, Double Thielen, Stop the run

Oklahoma City 

Offense:

We once again suffer a bit of bad luck this week with Morgan Moses injured so we must once again shuffle around our offensive line. Unfortunately, this comes against one of the stronger defensive lines in the league. In the run game, we will focus on outside runs utilize our most effective lineman in David Bakhtiari and Daryl Williams who is finally able to play his natural position for us. In the passing game, we will provide help to the right side of the line as well as allow Cam Newton to break the pocket and extend plays. 

We will use all three of our running backs in this game. Both Joe Mixon and Alex Collins have shown to be able to create without a stellar offensive line so we expect them to find some success in this game. We will also use Newton as a runner often. 

Our pass catchers should find some success against the Singapore secondary. With Newton's ability to extend plays, we will not be afraid to attack all levels of the field. 

Defense:

We will play our normal Cover-1 Robber scheme on defense as we feel like our corners match up well with the Singapore receivers. Patrick Peterson will cover Keenan Allen, Morris Claiborne will take Mohamed Sanu, and Trevor Williams will cover Larry Fitzgerald. If Singapore goes 4 wide like they did last week, we will take Andre Hal off the field for Brent Grimes who will cover Terrance Williams. 

Singapore has some scary running backs, but they shouldn't take over this game. Eric Kendricks will spy the back and our safeties will provide help in the box. With our defensive line controlling the line of scrimmage, this should be enough to contain the Singapore run game. 

I don't really like that Singapore just completely took Allen out of the game plan because of Peterson. He's been the hottest WR in the league the past 3 weeks and should be getting targets regardless. Even without Allen, I think Singapore has some really good matchups in this game, including in the trenches. But with Thielen getting doubled and Cam not having a lot of time behind that line, I think Singapore takes it.

11 hours ago, Jlash said:

I don't really like that Singapore just completely took Allen out of the game plan because of Peterson. He's been the hottest WR in the league the past 3 weeks and should be getting targets regardless. Even without Allen, I think Singapore has some really good matchups in this game, including in the trenches. But with Thielen getting doubled and Cam not having a lot of time behind that line, I think Singapore takes it.

This is a really good point. Singapore gets lucky they have the other weapons to still matchup. Thielen is all OKC has on offense at receiver that is any type of consistent. He is erased here. 

To give a lot of the new Owners a History of what my secondary has looked like in the past and why I am happy I went with the young guys this year to see who panned out.

A retrospect if you will. Nothing to do with the game this week but gives a little perspective. A lot of the better guys got scooped up in FA by other teams. Or are guys I traded that fell off a cliff (other than Talib, who has been traded once more)

2016 Starters - Middling at best

RCB    41 - Marcus Cooper
LCB    21 - Leodis McKelvin
NCB    27 - Dre Kirkpatrick
SS    20 - Corey Graham
FS    36 - Shawn Williams

2015 Starters - Talib got traded because I have issues with guys over 30

RCB    23 - Damariuos Randall
LCB    21 - Aqib Talib
NCB    25 - Brandon Boykin
SS    33 - Micah Hyde
FS    20 - Corey Graham

2014 Starters - Most of these guys aren't in the league anymore.

RCB    39 - Brandon Browner
LCB    20 - Perrish Cox
NCB    22 - Brandon Boykin
SS    32 - James Ihedigbo
FS    36 - Robert Blanton

2013 Starters - One of the best groups that I lost a few to retirement/Injury

RCB    26 - Tim Jennings
LCB    22 - Asante Samuel
SS    23 - Mark Barron
FS    24 - Charles Woodson

2012 Starters - Italics were Rookies

RCB    26 - Tim Jennings
LCB    29 - Chris Culliver
SS    24 - Mark Barron

FS    20 - Ronde Barber

Singapore. OKC is one dimensional on offense with Cam Runs and with only Thielen as a credible passing game threat.

If OKC could somehow field a decent o-line, Get a somewhat functional Jordan Reed back they'll have a decent chance in the post-season dance.

Archived