Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

I’m sorry buck, but your love for the guys that cut carr has clouded your judgement. All I will say further is that’s a VERY LOFTY AND OPTIMISTIC projection. Hope you’re right....because I live and die S & B! But it’s not what I believe in my S&B heart, I’ve been waaaay more optimistic tho and disappointed so maybe the world is flat after all.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Optimistic man

13 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Love the optimism, it’s a breath of fresh air (though I disagree and think you’re bit loco haha). 

Thanks. Honestly I have good reason for the optimism. Look at the positives we have

We have some elite players on the team. There’s some teams in the NFL that have zero

Top WR 1-3 /Top 3 DE / Top 1-3 RB / Top 10 LT

Every game for the exception of week 18 and the Saints debacle, we were in every game. A RZ TD here, a stop here, one less turnover this team wins 10 last year.

If he’s healthy, Jimmy G gonna show how he helps teams win. While healthy he was very good with SF

The o-line has continuity that produced in the league #1 rusher. Add in our TE will be a better blocker than years pass. 

Best case Scenario is for Munford  to win RT. Elumenour to slide to LG and Parham to RG. Muti, Van Hoten and Parker being the top reserves. 

more to come on defense 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Thanks. Honestly I have good reason for the optimism. Look at the positives we have

We have some elite players on the team. There’s some teams in the NFL that have zero

Top WR 1-3 /Top 3 DE / Top 1-3 RB / Top 10 LT

Every game for the exception of week 18 and the Saints debacle, we were in every game. A RZ TD here, a stop here, one less turnover this team wins 10 last year.

If he’s healthy, Jimmy G gonna show how he helps teams win. While healthy he was very good with SF

The o-line has continuity that produced in the league #1 rusher. Add in our TE will be a better blocker than years pass. 

Best case Scenario is for Munford  to win RT. Elumenour to slide to LG and Parham to RG. Muti, Van Hoten and Parker being the top reserves. 

more to come on defense 

He was consistently the weakest link in SF and was outplayed by Purdy pretty significantly this year. I think the majority of the forum would agree he's mediocre and is a placeholder for a hopeful franchise QB in 2024. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He was consistently the weakest link in SF and was outplayed by Purdy pretty significantly this year. I think the majority of the forum would agree he's mediocre and is a placeholder for a hopeful franchise QB in 2024. 

49ers were playing good ball with Jimmy G at QB last season. Once they added Cmac the team turned around. Purdy was good too with them

He definitely will be upgraded next year but I don’t think he’s gonna make us worse

Edited by bucksavage1

27 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

49ers were playing good ball with Jimmy G at QB last season. Once they added Cmac the team turned around. Purdy was good too with them

He definitely will be upgraded next year but I don’t think he’s gonna make us worse

If he makes us better, we're a borderline playoff team. How do you we upgrade then?

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Man Jimmy was 7-3 before injury with 103 qb rating. Sure Prudy went 5-0 in his starts but he had a 67 qb rating and a fully integrated Christian McCaffery added to the offense.  Sure he's a place holder because he can't stay healthy. A healthy Jimmy G is a lateral move at worst.

19 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It very well could be.  There is nothing that JM or DZ has done this offseason to inspire confidene.  I fully expect a 4ish win season and for Jimmy G to be a disappointment. 

If this team wins 4ish games do you see any way that JM survives?  I don't see how that could be possible.  He has gotten his QB, is building the roster his way and had two full off seasons to yield a result that points to a bright future.  

What I see is a team with a well below average in terms of talent and lacks stability.  We have a RB who is not happy, an aging stud WR, a bottom tier Oline and a bottom three D that plays in arguably the toughest division in the NFL.  Josh better get inspire these guys to play above their skill level... At this point his career depends on it.

I don’t see it that pessimistic to be honest, though I’m not overly optimistic either;

Basically I see us ending with a similar record to last season, 6 maybe 7 wins and mathematically in the playoff hunt until the last few weeks maybe but not a playoff calibre team really.

I think as others have eluded to, our D improves slightly as they have another year in the scheme, have some hand picked players and one of the rookies stands up. However, Garoppolo is not a good QB and he’ll get found out when he’s not playing with a very good team that can cover his weaknesses. The improvement on D won’t be enough to add more than a win or two and the offence won’t improve much if at all I don’t think. They weren’t terrible last season so there’s less scope to improve and McDaniels scheme can’t be that magnificent to hide our weaknesses at OLine and QB. Jacobs probably regresses a little back to norm too after a special year last year.

I’d love nothing more than to say we look like a regular playoff team in the making but I think we’re still quite a way off and we haven’t made enough moves that really move the needle so to speak IMHO.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I see us winning 10 games. Dynamic offense with middle of the road defense that forces TOs and gets sacks. We would be In position to insert young QB similar to what  SF had plan with Jimmy G in 2024

We'll be picking in the top 10 unless some of the defensive draft picks start showing up early next year lol

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

We'll be picking in the top 10 unless some of the defensive draft picks start showing up early next year lol

No doubt.  Our D projects to be so bad it isn't funny.  We had a ton of money going into FA and walked away with a bunch of below average players.  It's going to be a long year....

• Like 1