Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

It’s so weird. Brady is the new Gruden. We all knew how Gruden drafted 

Yeah… mark sees it as bringing in people to run things cuz he doesn’t know football, but he brings in people who he doesn’t control, they control him.

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He was consistently the weakest link in SF and was outplayed by Purdy pretty significantly this year. I think the majority of the forum would agree he's mediocre and is a placeholder for a hopeful franchise QB in 2024. 

How is this not the plan I don’t understand?

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 6:16 PM, bucksavage1 said:

I see us winning 10 games. Dynamic offense with middle of the road defense that forces TOs and gets sacks. We would be In position to insert young QB similar to what  SF had plan with Jimmy G in 2024

If Jimmy weren’t made out of glass, I’d be a bit more optimistic. But I’m just going to assume he goes down at some point. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

If Jimmy weren’t made out of glass, I’d be a bit more optimistic. But I’m just going to assume he goes down at some point. 

He doesn’t have to go down, he’s down already ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 3

The contract restructure when some of us claimed we gave Jimmy G a raise was incorrect. 

On the surface they converted a signing bonus into 23 million but can cut him with no cost. He has to pass a physical by week 1 and if the foot injury reoccurs during the Season, he can be cut with no cost

The Tom Brady news is interesting…

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

We can only hope Brady has the sense to manipulate mark into doing what he feels Is right.  Mark will do anything Brady says.

I would caution that not every great player makes a great coach or FO personnel though so I think we have to wait and see a bit on what his influence may be. I certainly wouldn’t give him free rein to start making changes or having a big influence without showing some FO acumen first.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No doubt.  Our D projects to be so bad it isn't funny.  We had a ton of money going into FA and walked away with a bunch of below average players.  It's going to be a long year....

But hey: at least we'll be good on offense.

19 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He was consistently the weakest link in SF and was outplayed by Purdy pretty significantly this year. I think the majority of the forum would agree he's mediocre and is a placeholder for a hopeful franchise QB in 2024. 

Shanahan record with Jimmy G: 38-17 (69%)

Shanahan record without Jimmy G: 14-29 (32%)

Why has the great Shanahan been one of the best coaches in the league with Jimmy and one of the worst without him if he's so bad? We have a 6 year sample size too, I'll take that over a 6 game sample size of Purdy playing well with CMC/Deebo/Ayiuk/Kittle all healthy something Jimmy never really had.

19 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Go after the likes of JJ McCarthy or Quinn Ewers that’s how you upgrade 

What have these two QBs shown that makes you think they’re franchise QBs in the NFL? Not saying they can’t be but I wouldn’t bet on it from what I’ve seen so far. Williams and Maye at this point and that’s it.