Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's just interesting when you hear a guy like Belichick say Morgan is a LT during his draft analysis. 

I also heard some of the draftniks say they didn't think Morgan had the functional strength to play inside.

I'm no expert, don't pretend to be one, but If those statements are true, why are we screwing around. Still on board with going and getting Connor Williams, knowing he might start the season on PUP. 

I think they want rhyan to succeed so Morgan can float and redshirt.but if he's best 5 I think you give him live reps. I don't think rasheed can slide inside and you have all the holdover monsters on the edge. Just a little thinner inside. 

Don't think G is Morgan's forever home. Still think he's left tackle of the future.

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I think they want rhyan to succeed so Morgan can float and redshirt.but if he's best 5 I think you give him live reps. I don't think rasheed can slide inside and you have all the holdover monsters on the edge. Just a little thinner inside. 

Don't think G is Morgan's forever home. Still think he's left tackle of the future.

Depth on the interior of our offensive line is scary bad IMO. Full disclosure, I know nothing about the rookies drafted late and the free agents. Maybe one of them can surprise. It's not like we don't have a damn good history of developing mid-late round offensive linemen. 

I'd sure like a vet who we know can play on the roster. 

7 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Favre was a great player and I am very thankful for getting to watch him play. However, recent events have kind of shown he's likely not a quality person and it and his behavior to get our of GB and especially going to MN tarnished his legacy.

Also, Hitler was bad at painting. 

27 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

The basic problem was that if you choose to paint in a "hyper-reaistic" style, when you do things like "don't get the perspective right" or "the shadows are slightly wrong" or "the windows on that building make no sense" stand out much more than if you're doing literally any other style of painting (it's much the same with AI "photos" when someone has way too many teeth.)  If he had gotten into surrealism after WWI he might have made it as an artist and history would be very different.

17 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The basic problem was that if you choose to paint in a "hyper-reaistic" style, when you do things like "don't get the perspective right" or "the shadows are slightly wrong" or "the windows on that building make no sense" stand out much more than if you're doing literally any other style of painting (it's much the same with AI "photos" when someone has way too many teeth.)  If he had gotten into surrealism after WWI he might have made it as an artist and history would be very different.

I just looked up some of Hitler's paintings.  I don't think they are that bad.  I have seen a lot worse.  

12 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just looked up some of Hitler's paintings.  I don't think they are that bad.  I have seen a lot worse.  

My favorite take was "if I wanted to stop Hitler, I wouldn't kill him as a baby, I'd go to 1920s Vienna, open a gallery, and help him become a successful artist." 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I thought he was bad at painting pictures. But you're right. Imagine if Vienna had accepted him as an artist and his insecurities didn't lead to his identifying as a victim.

18 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Hitler, unironically, was quite a good technical painter. If you look at his postcard work, it's just fine. 

Weimar Germany at the time just had a hard on for bizarre esoteric "modern" art, much like the art scenes of today. 

The old joke is that "If only Hitler had been admitted into art school, WW2 wouldn't have happened," which is probably true. 

But Hitler not being admitted was a symptom of the high classes being out of touch with the lower classes, that being the same issues that led to the resentment that allowed Hitler to rise to power in the first place.