2023 WC Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (7) Los Angeles Lakers

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

They’re just an “okay” team that beat a bunch of other “okay” teams.

Exactly. They aren't a bad team. They're fine. But the only 2 things they're truly good at are half court defense and getting to the FT line. That isn't enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Exactly. They aren't a bad team. They're fine. But the only 2 things they're truly good at are half court defense and getting to the FT line. That isn't enough.

You’re right

That style of play only works if your opponent turns the ball over. Unfortunately for them, Denver doesn’t do that.

Just a horrible matchup for LA.

11 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

I'm starting to get a little jealous of my fellow longtime FFers who are starting to see their previously hapless teams win titles or make Finals like @beekay414 @Pugger and co with the Bucks and now @RandyMossIsBoss @champ11and co with the Nuggets. When's it gonna be my turn man lol

That’s real boss. This is a surreal ride but at the same time so earned by this squad 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I’d argue that Bruce Brown has been the 3rd best nuggets player this postseason. You need 2 superstars to play like superstars in todays NBA and Jokic and Murray have been delivering. But Browns ability to make plays without the ball in his hands (cutting to the basket, getting rebounds, really solid defense) has allowed the rest of the team to stay in the flow. 

I wouldn’t go as far to say he’s been 3rd best but his impact is loud. The starters are so good and consistent .. if you get a great night from Bruce Brown? Curtains 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I wouldn’t go as far to say he’s been 3rd best but his impact is loud. The starters are so good and consistent .. if you get a great night from Bruce Brown? Curtains 

He coming back next year?

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He coming back next year?

I think fits uniquely well in Denver and won’t have the same impact elsewhere but we can only pay him like a max of 9M or something like that due to CBA rules. Guessing he gets more than that. Has never secured the bag. Before the playoffs I thought keeping him for less than 10 was in play. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

They’re just an “okay” team that beat a bunch of other “okay” teams.

Truer words haven't been spoken.  Denver has been the class of the West this season both in the regular season and post season.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just a horrible matchup for LA.

I mean, I don't hate the matchup but you're not going to win much when your 3rd highest paid player is unplayable in this series.  D'Angelo Russell has 3 more made FGs than he does turnovers, and we already know he's a matador defensively.  The Lakers lost Game 1 because they failed to secure the defensive rebounds, and Game 3 was the Jamal Murray show.  Very uncharacteristic of them in this series.

11 hours ago, champ11 said:

I think fits uniquely well in Denver and won’t have the same impact elsewhere but we can only pay him like a max of 9M or something like that due to CBA rules. Guessing he gets more than that. Has never secured the bag. Before the playoffs I thought keeping him for less than 10 was in play. 

I think there are a lot of places capable of using him well because he's such a versatile chess piece. But obviously whether they actually would is a much bigger question.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think there are a lot of places capable of using him well because he's such a versatile chess piece. But obviously whether they actually would is a much bigger question.

Only good teams, though. He proved in the regular season that the more usage he gets, the efficiency falls off a cliff.

What I would say is that his personality is such a good fit for any playoff team, but in particular this Nuggets team. This team needed, for lack of a better phrase, a knobhead. 

They've been too nice in years gone past; they needed that dawg, that "I don't give a ****, I'm going to say it anyway" type guy. Bruce is that and then some.

• Like 1

I was wrong about the series and of game 3 in particular, but that was a super impressive performance by the Nuggets. Their star player did not have it going on but they always had the right adjustments/counters and had a special first half performance from Murray. This team is just playing at a high level right now and have since game 5 of the Suns series. 

The Lakers have been in every game of this series in the 4th quarter but the Nuggets just have the ability to turn it up and the Lakers aren't able to match that. Reminds me of the Warriors/Blazers series back in 2019 when the Blazers were controlling every game until a 5 minute dominant stretch from the Warriors in the 4th quarter. LeBron just isn't able to take over and assert his dominance as he was in the past. 

The Nuggets need to get this thing over with tonight.