Early 2024 NFL Mock

Shylo3716

On 6/11/2023 at 1:44 PM, INbengalfan said:

Best skill guy in each of those drafts?  Bijan is a great RB, and the lack of a top WR makes him fit that description.  Pitts is a freak, but in a class with Chase, Waddle and Devonta Smith, I'm not willing to call him the top skill guy.  London may have also been the first non QB taken (as was Pitts), but again, the WRs taken after him were more productive.

I think pitts problem is the scheme and qb.  Plug him into Jacksonville in a engram kinda role no one complains. 

On 5/15/2023 at 8:25 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Couple of interesting things:

1. Green Bay being that bad would certainly make the decision at #2 something to follow

2. Arizona gets pick 10 despite maybe not having Kyler all year, via injury or tanking?

3. Titans getting Bowser? Ugh, I'd hate that. 

It doesn't matter who the Titans have when their young qbs are Levis and Willis. 

I think Willis would thrive in the past ravens offenses where Lamar showed off his athletic ability 

On 5/16/2023 at 10:49 AM, Shylo3716 said:

I considered a WR there because of Quez Watkins being in a contract year.

Yeah, WR would be up there, especially at the back half of round one.

I'm with @Danger, as would the whole fanbase, though on center. They took Cam Jurgens last year in the 2nd to take over for Kelce.
Unless he really bombs this year at guard, it's already addressed.

At this point the spots they probably look to upgrade most would be...

• OT - Last year Lane said he'd probably go 3 more years. Whether he included last year or not, it'd make sense to add to the spot. Back up Lane for a year or two, potentially play RG as Cam moves over if Tyler Steen doesn't step up, and even potentially play LT should something happen with Mailata.
  • Corner - Bradberry and Slay will be in their 30s, unless one of these young guys really steps up.. it makes sense to get one now to bring him along. It's not usually a spot where guys flourish year one.
  • Wideout - They have Devonta and AJ locked in easily the next two years. After that they are opened up to it being too pricey to get both of them. Taking a guy who can be a great #3 and slide into a #2 role if needed makes sense. Best case you resign Devonta and rework AJ's deal (owed $30m in 2026) and you get 3 great options for 4 years together.
  • Tightend - Thought it might've been a sneaky early pick this year, but Goedert is now older than Ertz was when they took DG. They've kept a great lineage of TEs going back to Celek and it might be the year they take the next one.  Couple younger guys are getting a shot this year to prove that.
  • Safety - They are going to kick the tires on a couple guys this year. They don't seem to value it as much, which is why it's not as high, but if they could get a versatile safety to lead back there I could see it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 2:50 PM, LinderFournette said:

I think pitts problem is the scheme and qb.  Plug him into Jacksonville in a engram kinda role no one complains. 

Mariota did Pitts no favors last year. But it was the same coach that had him with 1000 yards as a rookie. I don't think scheme is the issue as much as Mariota couldn't hit a mid-range pass or deeper to save his life.

On 5/14/2023 at 7:47 PM, Shylo3716 said:

New England Patriots - Michael Hall Jr., DT, Ohio State 

There is no way he takes Hall. He will trade down and take another OG from a Community college.

Also he will pass on the OTs and work with the hot garbage on the roster.

Bowers is the perfect TE for the Pats offense that has ZERO weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Just adding that Saints won't got RB in round #1 unless it's someone on Bijon Robinson's level especially after signing Williams and drafting Miller.

They are more likely to look at addressing positions where they have aging players at positions that could have a replacement/back-up waiting in the wings.  So S, LB, and DE.  DT is pretty young but they could use more depth/competition there so even another high talent DT could be worth it.