2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

1 hour ago, Pool said:

Carter is going to be a stud for many years in all likelihood..if he can keep his nose clean that is.

Not gonna lie I wanted him when he fell all the way to 9 but it is noted that 8 other teams passed on him before we did and it's not as if we didn't have a huge need at OL

A rebuilding team like Bears couldn't afford as much to take a risk on a player like him vs a team like the Eagles who have very little holes on their team

It is what it is. Just gotta hope one of Dexter or Pickens or both pan out to be good enough players 

Pushing the same annoying “he’s a criminal!” narrative, how does Jalen Carter respond here in Chicago when the defense and team is crumbling around him like yesterday? Does his effort dive bomb? Does he explode?

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I've actually started to like him. That is awful. I can't even imagine being a Jets fan (actually I can because I'm a fan of the ****ty Bears). Saleh looked visibly sad

I was a massive fan of his at Cal and almost quit the Bears when we took Benson and GB got Rodgers. He's a weird dude but thats not a criminal deal. Hope he ges back after qualifying for the 60% snap count and they sneak into the WC. 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Carter is going to be a stud for many years in all likelihood..if he can keep his nose clean that is.

Not gonna lie I wanted him when he fell all the way to 9 but it is noted that 8 other teams passed on him before we did and it's not as if we didn't have a huge need at OL

A rebuilding team like Bears couldn't afford as much to take a risk on a player like him vs a team like the Eagles who have very little holes on their team

It is what it is. Just gotta hope one of Dexter or Pickens or both pan out to be good enough players 

As nice as it would be to have an actual pass rush threat on the dline, good lord fields' family would be able to sue the Bears for negligent homicide after he met his end behind the OL. Getting Wright was already basically the only move they did on a terrible unit that's supposed to protect their biggest investment. 

I'm not mad we passed on carter, even if he's Aaron Donald junior, if anything I'm more upset we didn't do more on the OL in the second and later rounds. Building up the defense, when defensive windows are very short, and you probably don't even have a quarterback yet (and even if you did, good luck keeping him alive/healthy without an Oline ) is just nonsensical...... Even if it works, the defensive window would likely be closing before you get the OL and qb situation sorted. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 2

Sounds like the fear (and likelihood) is that Rodgers ruptured his Achilles, ending his season and likely even his career.  Honestly i feel Bad for Rodgers.  I was looking forward to watching him play for a team that’s not the packers.  I wanted to like him all these years, but couldn’t for obvious reasons.  It’s a shame to see a legend go out this way.  Maybe he gives it another go next year, but Achilles are hard to come back from, especially when you’re 40.

• Like 1

How weird is it that I’m sitting here worried that Aaron Rodgers tore his Achilles? I would’ve been decently pleased (or relieved?) with it if it had happened at any point over the last 15 years with GB. But I was actually pulling for him in NY and was excited to see what he/they could do this year. I expected better than Favre’s career end, and in all honesty he wasn’t even that bad himself. Hopefully it’s a strain or something. 

edit: thinking more on it, I wouldn’t have been excited for this injury for him before because it cheapens any victory we might’ve had then. And I don’t celebrate injuries in general because I’m not a sociopath. Even the Shea mcclellin collarbone thing didn’t make me happy. 

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I guess the good news is if it's bad for Rodgers, GB doesn't get a 1st round pick

We'll have two 2nd round picks so we can still get back into the first round. If  David Bakhtiari  he keeps playing at this level he'll fetch 2nd rounder or possibly a first if a team is desperate enough. So we'll recoup that 2nd round pick. Proven pro bowl LT are gold in this league. So don't get too happy.

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

We'll have two 2nd round picks so we can still get back into the first round. If  David Bakhtiari  he keeps playing at this level he'll fetch 2nd rounder or possibly a first if a team is desperate enough. So we'll recoup that 2nd round pick. Proven pro bowl LT are gold in this league. So don't get too happy.

I don't even know what you're talking about. If you'd rather have a 2 than a 1, be my guest. Odds are much better in round 1 than 2 of finding good players. I also never brought up Bakhtiari, and if he does continue to play "at this level," Green Bay shouldn't trade him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't even know what you're talking about. If you'd rather have a 2 than a 1, be my guest. Odds are much better in round 1 than 2 of finding good players. I also never brought up Bakhtiari, and if he does continue to play "at this level," Green Bay shouldn't trade him.

I'm saying we can use the Jets 2nd with ours to get back into the first if we go that route. Bakthiari will be traded next season. If he plays at his normal pro bowl level he'll recoup the 2nd we used from the Jets to move back into the first. Two first round picks are still in play.

Edited by St Vince

7 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I'm saying we can use the Jets 2nd with ours to get back into the first if we go that route. Bakthiari will be traded next season. If he plays at his normal pro bowl level he'll recoup the 2nd we used from the Jets to move back into the first. Two first round picks are still in play.

Yeah... but having a first round pick is better. It's a simple thing to acknowledge, Rogers getting hurt is bad for the Packers draft pick.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Yeah... but having a first round pick is better. It's a simple thing to acknowledge, Rogers getting hurt is bad for the Packers draft pick.

True, but believe me we won't lose any sleep. The last two drafts we've killed the mid rounds finding starters and quality depth. 

Was just making a statement that two first round picks are still in play if we want to go that route.

Plus Wilson is terrible, so we should still get a top 50 pick if we don't trade up.

Edited by St Vince