Breakout Players 2023

SmittyBacall

35 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I hope so... I am not a Bears fan at all, but am a Buckeye and I don't hate the Bears.. So rooting for him is easy. Besides my Bengals I will be watching a lot of Bears and Texans games this year... I only quit on Buckeyes players when they go to the stealers, Browns or Cowboys.  

We’ve seen what he’s capable of with one of the worst rosters in the league. I’m excited to see what he can do with an even marginally improved (being conservative) roster and his second year in the system.

• Like 1

I'm going to do one offense and one defense for the

Browns

Offense - WR Elijah Moore - I don't think people realize how much we've needed a speedy slot receiver in Cleveland. Elijah is going to get so many open looks with our run game and the receivers we have on the outside. He's already making waves in OTAs. I think he's going to be to Deshaun what Randall Cobb was to him in Houston. I think he'll be able to get really close or slightly eclipse 1,000 yards. 

Defense - SS Grand Delpit - The past few seasons weve had to play John Johnson III out of position at FS. So Grant hasn't been able to truly stay at his best position which is SS. Now that we've got Juan Thornhill, Grant Will be able to play more of a playmaker role near the box. I expect him to make his first pro bowl this year if he stays healthy. 

Vets

Offense - WR Jerry Jeudy Denver - I had high hopes for him last year before I know how much of a clown Nathaniel Hackett was. I think Sean Payton is going to get that offense right and Jeudy is finally going to step into his role of being a true number 1 receiver. I think he's going to make his first pro bowl. 

Defense - DE Sam Williams Dallas - Remember who told you he was going to break out first. I think he's going to have a 10+ sack season if he can stay healthy. With Mazi Smith in the middle he's going to turn into Parsons true running mate. 

Rookies 

Offense - RB Chase Brown Cincinnati Bengals - If Joe Mixon misses any time at all for whatever reason I could see Brown getting the job and not letting it go. I love his speed and I think he's got 3 down potential in that offense. It's going to depend on his careers, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's their starter going into next season. 

Defense - DE/OLB Byron Young LA Rams- I think he had the second best first step in the class after Will Anderson. Being able to play on the outside in the Rams versatile scheme will allow him to focus on rushing the passer. I think he'll have an impactful rookie year. 

Honorable Mention - CB Christian Gonzales New England Patriots - He was an early pick but he shouldn't have fell that far. Belichick is going to know exactly how to use him. Idk if he'll be rookie of the year, but he's going to definitely have people talking about how he should've went earlier. I still can't believe the Lions passed on him. 

Brian Robinson Jr.- He was pretty good for a guy who wasn't far removed from being shot in the leg. I give him a solid chance at 1200 yards and 7-8 TDs with Howell developing and EB probably not wanting to put a ton on his shoulders right away. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, brownie man said:

Love that one

Leo is about to kill it this year I forgot about him

I don't think he'll get the chance tbh. Bolton and Gay will for sure get snaps ahead of him. I think Tranquill will as well. Hopefully it doesn't take Spags half a season to figure out how to use him properly again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't think he'll get the chance tbh. Bolton and Gay will for sure get snaps ahead of him. I think Tranquill will as well. Hopefully it doesn't take Spags half a season to figure out how to use him properly again.

yeah second thought I forgot about Bolton and Gay

He probably won't breakout but he's deff a player I've got an eye out for in terms of his development 

On 5/28/2023 at 3:57 AM, DoleINGout said:

eh i guess ish. More expecting a breakout from Skyy Moore.

I would love a breakout from Moore to but KT when healthy is way more dynamic. Like a souped up Skyy Moore lol. But I’m not gonna rely on him staying healthy, but if he does, breakout for sure 

On 5/29/2023 at 12:33 PM, brownie man said:

yeah second thought I forgot about Bolton and Gay

He probably won't breakout but he's deff a player I've got an eye out for in terms of his development 

He had such a great game against the Eagles in the SB. We basically drafted him to help combat run-heavy teams.  Hopefully he takes another step forward and he can get in on some blitzes and get better in pass coverage. Lots of competition though so he’s gonna have to put in the work

• Like 1