Yankees, Marlins Agree to Giancarlo Stanton Trade, lulz Cards/Giants

ramssuperbowl99

59 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

#fakenews No way they would agree to tell trades. That kinda stuff does not go over well with other GMs

I'm actually surprised they leaked this.

It clearly came from the Marlins side which is why they got both reports at once. My guess is that the Dodgers are lowballing and by leaking it, the pressure and spotlight now shift to Stanton. Now he has to decide if (presumably) SF is "good enough", or is it worth risking an all-or-nothing play on the Dodgers knowing that his relationship with Miami isn't going to be the same.

28 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

First Mish says it will be complete in a few days, now Crasnick says it will be a long while. 

Nobody know what the heck the Marlins are doing, including themselves. What a disaster that orginization is.

Mish has been on his game for this for the most part. I'm more inclined to put my faith in him right now, though not to say that crasnick is a slouch

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mish has been on his game for this for the most part. I'm more inclined to put my faith in him right now, though not to say that crasnick is a slouch

I do tend to trust him more. As everything he has put out earlier than everyone else has been correct. But the one thing that would lead Crasnick's report to be true, is if LA somehow was able to make a serious offer.

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I do tend to trust him more. As everything he has put out earlier than everyone else has been correct. But the one thing that would lead Crasnick's report to be true, is if LA somehow was able to make a serious offer.

Yeah, i assume thats the reason for the leak. I said it earlier that i thought that framework/general idea in place. That makes sense to have something in place. We've even heard names for both teams, and neither has been shy about the interest, so its not like we would be surprised. I'm assuming this is all pressure for the dodgers

First time Arroyo's name has been mentioned in the deal. Makes sense though from both perspectives, particularly since I would assume that the fish are going to flip gordon at some point, somewhere. I'd rather keep Panik than Arroyo, so I'm okay with this. 

On 12/4/2017 at 1:45 PM, Forge said:

I think the Cardinals and Giants are probably going to be pushing to get a solution sooner rather than later.  They can only wait so long.

Archived