Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

iknowcool

I honestly think the Cardinals were planning on having him start the season with us, but ultimately got annoyed with how he talks about where he's going next on a different podcast every single freaking day. I'm bummed we didn't get a pick, but man this saga was exhausting. 

I think he will be a Bill by the way, just purely based off of the thousand interviews he's done this offseason. Maybe a Chief

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

What’s the consensus on Nuk, anyway? Is he still a top-5 receiver?

I don’t think he’s top 5 simply because younger guys such as Chase and Jefferson have overtaken him.

Definitely top 10, though. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Of course teams can maneuver, but the Chiefs and Bills would have to do some serious moving around to be able to afford him. 

Ravens, Chargers, Eagles too, but a lot less.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Same can be said about Chicago for… well, the past three decades? When did Willie Gault retire? 

Around the time Bud Adams decided to move his team to a better city 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I don’t think he’s top 5 simply because younger guys such as Chase and Jefferson have overtaken him.

Agreed. I think on the contender teams he would want to play for (outside Chiefs) he would be WR2. On the rest? W1 and it wouldn't even be close.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I saw DJ Moore listed as the 16th best wr in the nfl and the list was pretty accurate outside of Evans not belonging anymore (imo). But looking at it, the league is chock full of really good WRs now. Hopkins slipping down the list is mostly due to everyone else being so damn good. I think Hop could do wonders for a contender. Pat could use him but doesn’t necessarily need him, but it might be enough to get Allen over that hump 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

At what point can we start congratulating @ET80 for the Texans winning the Hopkins trade? That extra 2nd round pick isn't looking too bad now*.

*The guy busted so this isn't technically true but hypothetically

And no one can deny David Johnson was a really freaking good rb (4 years before they traded for him) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soko said:

Of course teams can maneuver, but the Chiefs and Bills would have to do some serious moving around to be able to afford him. 

Ravens, Chargers, Eagles too, but a lot less.

Chiefs could easily clear some space with a Chris Jones extension and/or Mahomes restructuring. My preferred method is a Jones extension.