Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

iknowcool

2 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Interesting to note that the official transaction won't go through until Tuesday. Cardinals could be doing this to see if a team panic trades for him. We did that when the Raiders were going to release Rodney Hudson a couple years back. (Look at me holding out hope for a 6th rounder, shameful)

Smart. But still a shocker.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Who wants that contract? Not I.

His contract isn't out of whack for where we are going with relation to QB salaries, but man it's kind of weird that it's structured in a way where it's really not even a nice contract for the team acquiring him lol. 

A team acquiring him would be on the hook for 39 / 34 / 43 / 36.5 / 47. That's including all his workout bonuses and whatnot, so he may not get some of it, but its weird that it's not as friendly as a traded contract usually is.  He also has another 1.5 in possible incentives per year. So that's basically still Daniel Jones' contract at 40 million a year. And you have advanced guarantees through 2026. 

I don't think that they would have that much of a problem moving him (someone will definitely want him), but the contract is definitely not as friendly as traded contracts typically are it seems like. But maybe it's just because of how early we are in the extension still. I think guys usually get traded with like 2 years left, not 5 lol. 3 more years later adds a lot more inflated contracts across the league that makes it look better, I have no doubt. 

53 minutes ago, adamq said:

I hope the 50th is like Ohio or Kansas..... somewhere you would have had to try and avoid 

Its Alaska. Even if I got my health in order I have no intention of ever going to Alaska 

• Like 2

So they extended the coach, GM and QB.   Then ... coach is gone.  GM is gone.  

Is QB gone after this year?  

Owner got raked.   Not a good look.   That is a lot of money to throw away on guys not actually working for you.   He has to be fuming.   He is fuming from a mansion and likely sitting in huge pool, but fuming all the same.

Kyler may end up sitting out year 'rehabbing'.

Budda Baker probably going to sit out games with a sliver if he stays.  

Assuming AZ has number one or two overall pick do they go QB?  

Who would want Kyler Murray for their team in 2024 and what is his trade value?

Poor Colt McCoy.

15 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Its Alaska. Even if I got my health in order I have no intention of ever going to Alaska 

I've been to Alaska.   Alaska is awesome.

Giant trees.  Everything is green.  Water falls.   Whales. Bears.  Orcas.  Eagles are common like sparrows and robins. 

Not many people.  Which is a plus.    

Gets real cold and dark though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Gets real cold and dark though.

That’s why I don’t care to go. Living in Michigan where it’s cold half the year I don’t have much interest in vacationing somewhere colder