Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

iknowcool

11 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

Left Tennessee without a deal. Will visit the Patriots on Thursday.

To be a fly on the wall in that meeting. 

Belichick who we know DHop respects on one side of the table, O'Brien who we know he can't stand on the other. 

But hey, at least we have Mac Jones throwing you the ball as his only target! You in? 👌

If his next meeting isn't Buffalo, I'd be shocked.

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Year everything I’ve seen has been saying Levi’s has been struggling mightily 

Yeah.  So far it doesn't look like he's outperformed Malik Willis.

I'm the hateriest Levis hater that ever hated, but I expect he'll still be QB2 by the start of the season.  Teams don't spend 33rd overall picks on QBs when they have any shred of faith in the young QB already on the roster.  Levis only needs to give them an excuse to put him over Malik and they will, and I'll be surprised if that doesn't happen.

14 hours ago, Daniel said:

To expand on this, the national headlines say something like "Tannehill appears to be holding off Levis for starting job," while the local coverage guys watching practices are saying "Tannehill is the best quarterback on this field and it's not even close."  That's not so much glory heaped on Tanny as much as it is a statement on where Levis and Willis are in their development.  Lots of fumbled balls, interceptions, and missed throws from that pair.

I would think Tannehill doesn't play for Tennessee past this season, barring an out of nowhere best season ever.  One of the two young QBs will be the starter past that point (or another rookie if the whole thing really does come crashing down and both still suck), but yeah, healthy Tannehill stays the starter this year.

I mean no one knocks Tanny for talent. It’s only his health that gets questioned. I was really surprised when I saw people wanting the Titans to move on from him. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Probably means nothing, but Nuk is currently working out in Arizona I believe with Saquon, Isaiah Hodgins, and Parris Campbell.

Huh... that would be a surprise suitor.

I thought the Giants were strapped for cash? Any players likely to be extended or cut to fit a Hopkins offer under the cap?

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Huh... that would be a surprise suitor.

I thought the Giants were strapped for cash? Any players likely to be extended or cut to fit a Hopkins offer under the cap?

Leonard Williams has a $35 million cap hit this year and has expressed an interest in staying to continue to play with Dexter Lawrence. If something can be done with his contract (extension or restructure), really anything is on the table. The Giants could free up so much space with just that. Saquon signing a long term deal would create some space as well. 

56 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Leonard Williams has a $35 million cap hit this year and has expressed an interest in staying to continue to play with Dexter Lawrence. If something can be done with his contract (extension or restructure), really anything is on the table. The Giants could free up so much space with just that. Saquon signing a long term deal would create some space as well. 

While all this is true, I'd love to see Saquon's face/reaction if forced to play on the Tag, while they sign DHop to a $15-20M APY type deal. 👌

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

New England should bring in Bridgewater and Hopkins and win the Superbowl.

New England already has a backup caliber QB in Mac Jones.    Not sure how signing another injury prone one gets the closer to winning another one.