Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

iknowcool

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Don't think the bolded is happening.

I know what he said. I also know he spent some offseason at Dak's house and was telling various Cowboys to convince Jerry to trade for him. So yeah...

I wouldn't rule them out whatsoever. 

Edited by ACO

This screams Bills to me. Bills are good taking risks on aging stars(Von) and they need the WR help badly.

Would be so fun having him on the Eagles, but don't think we have a real shot at him. Someone is gunna give him real money and probably at multiple years.

19 minutes ago, Soko said:

Of course teams can maneuver, but the Chiefs and Bills would have to do some serious moving around to be able to afford him. 

Ravens, Chargers, Eagles too, but a lot less.

Not much maneuvering needs to be done. He is still on the Cardinals books for 23 million in 2023. He will be getting paid. A team can easily give him for little for the first year and make it work. If he is serious about winning. He will be getting paid regardless of what he signs for

Interesting to note that the official transaction won't go through until Tuesday. Cardinals could be doing this to see if a team panic trades for him. We did that when the Raiders were going to release Rodney Hudson a couple years back. (Look at me holding out hope for a 6th rounder, shameful)

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Not much maneuvering needs to be done. He is still on the Cardinals books for 23 million in 2023. He will be getting paid. A team can easily give him for little for the first year and make it work. If he is serious about winning. He will be getting paid regardless of what he signs for

Being on the cap table for $23M = / = getting $23M in cash. I’m not sure what the specifics look like for Hopkins’ contract, though. 

You could say the same thing about most veterans in any given offseason, hardly any of them take really big paycuts.

• Like 1