Madden sux

Ty21

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Yeah, I'll admit.  I get my money's worth with Madden by playing online.  It isn't perfect but just an easy way to relax (for me anyway) and listen to music in the background.  And beating cheesers is so satisfying every time.

I do love a good franchise mode but Madden is missing so much that I don't see myself bothering.  

Facts. I've only played franchise mode online, so the features to me don't matter. I just play games and advance the league year to year. I don't personally care for deep features or anything like that.

Cross play is going to be sick tho. Now Xbox and PS players can play. I had a Xbox for so many years, so I've been disconnected from all those guys since the PS5 came out.

On 6/6/2023 at 10:51 PM, AkronsWitness said:

And the same catch/tackle animations since 2008.

Look, there are 2 ways to fix this game. First being making the Franchise mode fun again and returning some of the aspects that made the game so likable in the first place. Get away from everything being a simulation and make the game FUN, which means for the first time in years revamping the actual gameplay mechanics. Maybe add QB Vision back, make hit sticks/truck sticks fun again, adding back mini-games/drills, ect.

Secondly is realizing that MUT is the best thing going about the game and revamp it. Add SBMM so its not people who grind vs. pay-to-win every single matchup. Get rid of all the 'Road to the Show' crap that nobody plays and put your time/resources into 1) Franchise Mode 2) MUT and 3) Online Play.

Make 3 game modes really good instead of half arsing 6 game modes.

Well, 4 game modes. Give us in person PVP as well. I still play friends at the house in Madden. 

On 6/15/2023 at 7:38 PM, showtime said:

The only way I play the game is online. I have no clue how people play against AI all the time. Doesn't that get boring?

Also, cross play not being in online franchise mode at the start is a massive L. They put out a new exciting feature and can't even implement it right at launch. Holy hell.

Yes, very.

But I only have a few friends that still play Madden, and I dont get to play much.    Playing online sucks because its mostly kids, cheesers or people significantly above my skill level.  Id love to have a group of people around my level that I could do a franchise with, but thats not likely to happen, especially since I cant always play on a schedule.

So offline franchise would be the only thing to make me keep coming back, and Maddens is SOOOOO bad, and not likely to get significantly better anytime soon, if ever.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

not going to lie.. that gameplay video looks promising.. wonder how it feels with the controller 

Yeah I don't expwect much anymore, but that was the first gameplay video in years that actually seemed like good changes were made

13 hours ago, scar988 said:

Well, 4 game modes. Give us in person PVP as well. I still play friends at the house in Madden. 

lol fair. Madden just suffers from the same thing all other sports game suffer from recently-- simulation fatigue. That and the game literally needs to be completely stripped down to the screws and rebuilt from scratch instead of having them copy/paste the same code from the previous year.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol fair. Madden just suffers from the same thing all other sports game suffer from recently-- simulation fatigue. That and the game literally needs to be completely stripped down to the screws and rebuilt from scratch instead of having them copy/paste the same code from the previous year.

I absolutely agree with all of this. 

On 6/21/2023 at 8:27 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Man that looks absolutely disappointing and full of buzzwords. It's a bunch of the usual promises. It looks like another same game as every year. It's a 3/10 game that happens to have NFL licensing so we play it. This game would be so easy to fix too.

• Like 1

Madden doesn't do true improvements, because they have no competition. They emphasize their time to MUT, because that's where they make their money. Just a money printing machine.

That will change, when NFL2k (23' or 24') gets released in the near future.

Arcade style with NBA2k type setup. Historical players & so on.

If the gameplay just doesn't suck, I will make the switch.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Madden doesn't do true improvements, because they have no competition. They emphasize their time to MUT, because that's where they make their money. Just a money printing machine.

That will change, when NFL2k (23' or 24') gets released in the near future.

Arcade style with NBA2k type setup. Historical players & so on.

If the gameplay just doesn't suck, I will make the switch.

It could help, but the NFL is corrupt as hell and will do everything it can to ensure Madden stays successful.   They are just as complicit in the scam as EA is.

There is a reason the NFL is only allowing 2K to do certain things in their new game.   They want them to be two completely different experiences that arent really competing with each other, but rather complimenting.

Again, as much as I loathe EA, I blame the NFL more at this point.   If they cared about the quality of the game, they wouldnt keep renewing the exclusive license with EA.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2023 at 12:40 PM, NudeTayne said:

Man that looks absolutely disappointing and full of buzzwords. It's a bunch of the usual promises. It looks like another same game as every year. It's a 3/10 game that happens to have NFL licensing so we play it. This game would be so easy to fix too.

Not to mention all the DL and OL still look like 400 lb behemoths. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Not to mention all the DL and OL still look like 400 lb behemoths. 

That is actually addressed in the “Gameplay Deep Dive” video, they are adjusting to 4 body types*. There will be lean, normal (Josh Allen <Bills>type), strong  and huge (Trent Williams). They also showed an image of Quenton Nelson from Maddens 23 and 24, he was still big but not as obese as some did look.

They also said that they are making adjustments so that player size will be taken into account during tackling cut scenes so a smaller player won’t have as easy of a tackle against a bigger player (ie CB tackling a TE) 

* I haven’t done create a player, or played any of the yard/FotF that uses the create a player in awhile, to know what the prior body types were.  

What I'm really hoping for (and it seems like it would be a top priority, but they don't give a F about franchise mode) is that the online leagues don't lock up and revert back to the college draft every time you boot the damn game up.  I tried to bring this up to EA in their forums, as MANY others were having the same game breaking issue, and they just continually brushed us off saying they were "working" on it.  A literal game breaking bug experienced by many and, as far as I know, it still isn't resolved in this years version.  I asked for a refund and they deleted my post.