More player suspensions related to gambling incoming

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, viking said:

Game integrity isn't stupid

The entire NFL is sponsored by gambling sites man. It's just ridiculous. Like I understand betting on your own games or throwing games to win bets, and we don't know the details so maybe these guys did that but yeah.

This whole thing comes off as hypocritical and just ridiculous, especially with how quickly they suspend these guys for a season but guys who beat their children or wife or other people just get 2-3 game suspensions or a slap on the wrist.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

See now this I can get behind with him getting suspended a long time.

It'll be interesting to see if he had any bets on last season's historic collapse against the Vikings. That'll be a shot to the league's integrity. 

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

See now this I can get behind with him getting suspended a long time.

Yeah this is not a typical dude placing a bet on a basketball game at a facility suspension.

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

It'll be interesting to see if he had any bets on last season's historic collapse against the Vikings. That'll be a shot to the league's integrity. 

The league has to not only maintain integrity of its product, it also has to maintain the appearance of integrity. The players always have access to tons of inside information, any bet on their team is at least partially based on that advantage. He's gotta go. I don't get why it's even a decision really.

• Like 4

Titans’ OT Nicholas Petit-Frere is being suspended six games for violating the NFL’s gambling policy. Petit-Frere is adamant that he did not bet on NFL games. But he is being suspended for betting on other sports at the workplace. 

His statement to ESPN:

“Firstly I wanted to say that it’s an honor to play in the NFL and it has been a blessing to play this game.

The NFL plans to announce another round of sanctions regarding its gambling policies and I will be included in this group of players receiving a six-game suspension.  The betting I engaged in was NOT NFL related and was legal under Tennessee law. It is only being sanctioned because it occurred at the Titans facility.

I want to apologize to my family, coaches, teammates and the Titans fans. I have always strived in every stage of my life to follow the rules. I did not knowingly break the rules. Even after attending a league presentation, I was unaware about the specifics around placing bets from a team facility

I will do everything in my power to help the team during training camp and will be prepared when I return to the roster during the season.”

- Per Schefter

Isaiah Rodgers and Rashod Berry of the Indianapolis Colts and free agent Demetrius Taylor are being suspended indefinitely through at least the the 2023 season for betting on NFL games last season. - per Schefter

Demetrius Taylor was with the Lions but not brought back. Guess he was the last Lion they could charge. 

• Like 1